6 minutes ago, Jushoa said:

RAM: 32gb @ 3600

Some more info would be useful, such as

-what framerate you were getting before vs what you are getting now,

-which driver version you are using,

-what drive are you using,

-when it started happening, 

-is it all the time or intermittent 

As BiotechBen said, I think we're gonna need more info to help you with this. While I doubt it has much to do with your in-game settings, that'll certainly help. We also don't know what your definition of "Terrible" is, or how much performance you are expecting given your hardware. Is your memory running in dual-channel? Could it be that CSGO is not running on your GPU at all? Right now, it could be any number of things causing this, so yeah more info would be helpful.

"USB 3.2 Gen 2x2"

32 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Some more info would be useful, such as

-what framerate you were getting before vs what you are getting now,

-which driver version you are using,

-what drive are you using,

-when it started happening, 

-is it all the time or intermittent 

and @DefinitelyRus sorry for the horrible lack of info...

The framerate I got before on a 670 was a solid 60fps from what I remember. With my 5700xt and 3600 I'm getting a solid 40-55. There is a seemingly large dip sometimes. When I look towards areas without a lot of assets then I get a great 85-90ish fps or so.

As for the driver, I believe you are asking for my gpu driver. I'm using the latest (23.3.2) from the adrenaline edition (idk if that is the software where you can see all of this or if that makes any difference)... Not all that knowledgeable about some of this stuff I'm sorry. 

I noticed a dip in my framerate a few months ago. Such as in league, I was able to run it at a solid 144+. Now I've been getting under 90 which is weird to me.

As for @DefinitelyRusquestions, I have 4 x 8gb in each slot. Not sure how to see if csgo is running on my GPU at all... 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4

RAM: Ripjaw DDR4-3600 8gb x 4

GPU: RX 5700XT

Storage: WD Blue SN550 M.2-2280, Toshiba SSD 500gb, Seagate external 1TB

PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 80+ Gold 750W

6 minutes ago, Jushoa said:

and @DefinitelyRus sorry for the horrible lack of info...

That's fine! I didn't even know what info to give when I was new to this whole thing 😛

7 minutes ago, Jushoa said:

I noticed a dip in my framerate a few months ago. Such as in league, I was able to run it at a solid 144+. Now I've been getting under 90 which is weird to me.

Interesting. It seems the issue isn't with the hardware then. It's probably a software issue then. Go open up task manager and see if any programs are hogging up your CPU, GPU, RAM, or Storage. Try doing this with the game open too; maybe it's a program that only runs while a game is running, something like Medal.tv. You might also want to try to close ALL apps running in the background (obviously except ones that will probably break Windows or prevent you from playing), then play a game to see if your FPS improves.

These are just things to consider doing before dealing with drivers and other fix attempts.

12 minutes ago, Jushoa said:

As for @DefinitelyRusquestions, I have 4 x 8gb in each slot. Not sure how to see if csgo is running on my GPU at all... 

That's a lotta dedicated RAM You can see it in Task Manager while running CSGO. Under normal circumstances, the game should use some amount of GPU, and dips the moment you switch tabs.

"USB 3.2 Gen 2x2"

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyRus said:

That's fine! I didn't even know what info to give when I was new to this whole thing 😛

Interesting. It seems the issue isn't with the hardware then. It's probably a software issue then. Go open up task manager and see if any programs are hogging up your CPU, GPU, RAM, or Storage. Try doing this with the game open too; maybe it's a program that only runs while a game is running, something like Medal.tv. You might also want to try to close ALL apps running in the background (obviously except ones that will probably break Windows or prevent you from playing), then play a game to see if your FPS improves.

These are just things to consider doing before dealing with drivers and other fix attempts.

That's a lotta dedicated RAM You can see it in Task Manager while running CSGO. Under normal circumstances, the game should use some amount of GPU, and dips the moment you switch tabs.

When I run cs and look at the performance, It looks like it is using gpu and a whole-lotta it. When I'm not running cs, nothing is really intense on all listed. The main thing is "client server runtime process" which bumps it up to around 35% for gpu. Everything else seems pretty standard (cpu @ 15% mem @ 25% thanks to chrome).

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4

RAM: Ripjaw DDR4-3600 8gb x 4

GPU: RX 5700XT

Storage: WD Blue SN550 M.2-2280, Toshiba SSD 500gb, Seagate external 1TB

PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 80+ Gold 750W

1 hour ago, Jushoa said:

The main thing is "client server runtime process" which bumps it up to around 35% for gpu.

When does this happen? (e.g. During gameplay? Constant? Basically random?)

Following the Client Server Runtime Process as the potential cause of the issue, you could try following this guide: https://www.technewstoday.com/fix-client-server-runtime-process-high-gpu/ I can't guarantee whether any of it will help at all since some of the methods listed seem a bit useless, though you should still give it a shot first.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-gpu-usage-by-client-server-runtime-process/c623acf8-0515-48d1-9e1f-6734b9699670

In this thread, they talk about more or less the same issue, except it may have been linked to apps (incl. Chrome) using hardware acceleration. If you notice similarities in the GPU usage on your PC, this might be your ticket.

Failing that, you can try updating all your drivers through Windows update, not just your graphics drivers. They can sometimes affect performance even when it seems unrelated at first. You can also try uninstalling your graphics drivers using DDU, then installing the drivers again manually.

Other than straight up reinstalling Windows from scratch, I don't have much else to suggest here. Not only is reinstalling the OS a huge hassle, it might not fix the problem at all because the problem might have been related to one of the programs you install or the settings at which said programs are running. I hope that I've at least lead you to the right direction here. 😄

"USB 3.2 Gen 2x2"