Laptop not booting (ssd)

Go to solution Solved by rubbishlaptops,

Problem Solved.

Solution is to reinstall windows on same drive. Because the windows install got removed. 

A while ago I upgraded my laptop to a 500gb ssd. I recently needed to grab some of my log ins (google) off the old one so i took out the new one and put the old one back in. After doing the work I put back in the 500gb one and now it wont boot to windows. I am using windows 10.

I suspect its something to do with the windows licence. I need this laptop for school tomorrow as it has my work saved and I have not backed anything up.

The keyboard also is not working I suspect a cable I moved or drivers but that is not important. 

Laptop Specs:

Acer Spin 3 (SPN-314-53N-7464)

i7 8th gen (i7-8565U)

12 gb ram (upgraded from 8gb)

500gb crucial p2 ssd (old one sandisk Z400s 128gb)

1tb hdd

PC: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/pTRsDq

Laptop: Acer Spin 3 (SP314-53N-7464)

(NZST)

9 minutes ago, rubbishlaptops said:

A while ago I upgraded my laptop to a 500gb ssd. I recently needed to grab some of my log ins (google) off the old one so i took out the new one and put the old one back in. After doing the work I put back in the 500gb one and now it wont boot to windows. I am using windows 10.

I suspect its something to do with the windows licence. I need this laptop for school tomorrow as it has my work saved and I have not backed anything up.

The keyboard also is not working I suspect a cable I moved or drivers but that is not important. 

Laptop Specs:

Acer Spin 3 (SPN-314-53N-7464)

i7 8th gen (i7-8565U)

12 gb ram (upgraded from 8gb)

500gb crucial p2 ssd (old one sandisk Z400s 128gb)

1tb hdd

Did you put your windows install on the ssd?

im almost certain that acer put the original install on the ssd, so if you didnt reinstall on the new one then thats why youre not booting

if you did install on the new one, i would make sure that the correct ssd is selected in the bios (if you can access the bios of course, laptops are wacky sometimes)

25 minutes ago, Shooterdude34 said:

Did you put your windows install on the ssd?

im almost certain that acer put the original install on the ssd, so if you didnt reinstall on the new one then thats why youre not booting

if you did install on the new one, i would make sure that the correct ssd is selected in the bios (if you can access the bios of course, laptops are wacky sometimes)

I did install windows on the 500gb ssd

How do I select the ssd in bios?

Image of bios

image.png

(NZST)

20 minutes ago, rubbishlaptops said:

I did install windows on the 500gb ssd

How do I select the ssd in bios?

Image of bios

image.png

When I go to the boot tab the boot order only shows Windows Boot Manager. Am I looking in the right place?

image.png

(NZST)