3d printer plastic stuck on bed

never_here

please help, i have white matte PLA stuck on the stock bed of a ender 3 v2 neo  I cannot sratch it off as its REALLY stuck on it.  How do i clean it up?  i've had other stucck stuck on it pretty hard too, i've heated it up, i've tried cooling it down, scraping it, i even eneded up doing some hard scratches on this with the metal scrapper. 

please help.... 

image.jpeg

What's the bed material and what glue was used? I akwa used a metal spackle tool to luce them up, but if that's a no go, a chemical that dissolves the material but is safe for the bed might be the answer (again, depends on the bed). 

what material is the print bed made of?

i've ruined quite a few buildtak surfaces this way before switching to glass.

apparently heating to 70°c might make the PLA soft enough to scrape it off.

other methods are just scrubbing with soap or other cleaners.

Others have had the same issue as you. I'm not sure what is causing it. Is the surface textured, not smooth? Or you're printing too close to the bed because the Z axis isn't calibrated properly.

This thread on reddit might help you

As you mentioned it was PLA, 99% alcohol likely wouldn't work. Your best bet is heat. Heat up the plate, let it heat higher... There's also the option of a heatgun, but this might damage the coating.

Did you put any adhesive on the plate before printing? Be it hairspray, some sort of glue, anything? People usually do that, then they use alcohol to melt it away for easy removal of the prints. Others can things like painters tape.

Worst case, if you can't get it off with a tiny amount of acetone on the corners and a flat sharp scraping tool, is to get a new bed made of glass or a very flexible one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Others have had the same issue as you. I'm not sure what is causing it. Is the surface textured, not smooth? Or you're printing too close to the bed because the Z axis isn't calibrated properly.

i have the reverse problem of that thread, where his was not sticking, and mine was sticking too well.  I also have the textured surface it came with. 

I just re-adjusted the Z axis.  Not sure how it became uncalibrated... anyways, its leveled again, doing another print.  did a test print on the first few layers and it seemed a lot better now.  Not sure if its because it was fresh off the heat... or because of the leveling, but anyway, waiting another 3 hours now.  printed something else, and that was another STRUGGLE to rip off.  but, the next print is fixed level, so.. fingers crossed. 

6 minutes ago, never_here said:

and that was another STRUGGLE to rip off. 

Maybe consider putting painters tape on your plate, that way it won't stick to the place itself, but the tape. And that can be easily removed with 99% isopropyl alcohol.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro