Unable to Install Windows from Boot media

Go to solution Solved by Soundbored,
3 minutes ago, travers232 said:

Hi, I tried several USB drives but all had the same issues. I also flashed up to the lastest bios and then downgraded and did not help. I was using Rufus, as I had done in the past but after I used Microsoft's media Creation tool and was able to boot and install a fresh copy of Windows.

I guess my board hates Rufus boot media 😔.

try Etcher, it might be better in that sense. You also could have had an infect ISO.

Good morning all, I recently built a new PC for myself. I reused my previous m. 2 SSD from my laptop which in it and got some of my files onto new drives. I then tried to install windows 10 on to the new PC (same drive) but I am not able to get the installation process started. Instead I get the following screen. I used Rufus, which I've used for quite some time now and this is the first time I've gotten this error. I get it even when I disable secure boot.

Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus B650 elite ax

CPU: Ryzen 7 7700x

IMG_20230325_030259.jpg

3 hours ago, Madsyrn said:

are you using the same image as of your laptop?

I was not. I got a copy of 22H2 from Microsoft Website. I did however got it to work after using the media Creation tool

I found a thread on Tom’s Hardware forums that might help you with your issue. One user had a similar issue with their Gigabyte Aorus B650 Elite AX motherboard and was able to resolve it by using a different USB drive to install Windows 10.

You can also try updating your BIOS to the latest version as it might help with the installation process.

11 minutes ago, Soundbored said:

I found a thread on Tom’s Hardware forums that might help you with your issue. One user had a similar issue with their Gigabyte Aorus B650 Elite AX motherboard and was able to resolve it by using a different USB drive to install Windows 10.

You can also try updating your BIOS to the latest version as it might help with the installation process.

Hi, I tried several USB drives but all had the same issues. I also flashed up to the lastest bios and then downgraded and did not help. I was using Rufus, as I had done in the past but after I used Microsoft's media Creation tool and was able to boot and install a fresh copy of Windows.

3 minutes ago, travers232 said:

try Etcher, it might be better in that sense. You also could have had an infect ISO.

23 hours ago, Soundbored said:

Will use etcher in future. The ISO was legit directly from Microsoft.