H100i help.

So after about an hour of fumbling with wires, I installed the corsair H100i in my bitfenix prodigy.

so when I turned on my PC and had everything back inside I checked my temps, they were still 60 celcius on idle. I knew the h100i was on for its LEDs were glowing. The two fans I used with it are nocuta NF 120mms that were about 28$ each. I also had an additional bitfenix case fan near the HDD. So I'm wondering why my temps are still high. Thanks.

Did you check if you installed the pump correctly?

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

My "Danger Den" PC: i7-4960x @ 4.5Ghz, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 3x GTX Titan Black, 6x m4 512GB, 64GB Corsair DDR3-2400, Corsair AX1500i

Black Beauty Workstation/LAN PC: i5-4570 @ 3.79 GHz, ASRock Z87E-ITX, XFX Double D R9-280 (Non-X), GSkill 8GB DDR3-2400

Try remounting it. You might've used too much thermal paste and/or there's air trapped between the paste and the CPU.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Probably a bad mount. Thermal paste is pre applied on the H100i, so no issue there.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

sounds like the mounting is not complete or not perfect.

orientation is necessary:

backplate_sm.jpg

some have gone as far to use a rubber washer 1mm thick to "shim" the backplate

for more pressure, but i haven't had to go that far.

are you overclocking or is this purely stock?

Regards to the back plates, I did have a relatively difficult time with installing them. They fit perfectly in my gigabyte-z87n mobo but if I let go of holding them then it would fall off. I guess I'll try reinstalling it again.

CPU is clocked to 3.9 GHz atm

Regards to the back plates, I did have a relatively difficult time with installing them. They fit perfectly in my gigabyte-z87n mobo but if I let go of holding them then it would fall off. I guess I'll try reinstalling it again.

CPU is clocked to 3.9 GHz atm

stock clocked, yeah, if you have a difficult time on that procedure, then it could

be the root of the issue. for time being, i wouldn't sweat the TIM application, unless

you have some spare TIM.