Windows 11, Multi-Screen and Mouse

The_DR
Go to solution Solved by Murasaki,

You could try with tools such as LittleBigMouse when you want a more flexible cursor movement across monitors with different DPI/resolutions.

Hope it helps in your scenario.

Hey, 

I need a bit of help with Windows 11. I have a notebook running Windows 11. This Notebook is connected to two Full-HD Screens, that are located above the notebook. The displays are set up, that the right display is above the notebook and the left display is left to the right display. 

image.thumb.png.6f9a9a62c534e49c9a8d03789c28d38e.png

Now I come to my problem. As you can see, the 2k Display is larger then the Full-HD Display. Now when I'm at the right side of the notebook Display (1) and move the cursor up, the cursor appears on the Display (3) on it's right side. But when I move the cursor back down, the cursor appears as if I would just go down. Again. I'm at the right upper left corner of Display (1) and move the cursor one pixel up and one pixel down, and the cursor jumps from the right side to about 70% of the screen. Right to the right lower corner of Display (3). 

Yes, this is because of different resolutions of the Displays. But it's bad for productivity. What I would like to have is the ability to scale the cursor position. So when I'm at the lower right corner of Display (3) and move the cursor down, it shoud appear at the upper left corner on Display (1) and if I'm in the left lower corner on Display (3) and move down, the cursor should be at the left upper corner on Display (1). 

Is there a way to set it up?

9 minutes ago, The_DR said:

Hey, 

I need a bit of help with Windows 11. I have a notebook running Windows 11. This Notebook is connected to two Full-HD Screens, that are located above the notebook. The displays are set up, that the right display is above the notebook and the left display is left to the right display. 

image.thumb.png.6f9a9a62c534e49c9a8d03789c28d38e.png

Now I come to my problem. As you can see, the 2k Display is larger then the Full-HD Display. Now when I'm at the right side of the notebook Display (1) and move the cursor up, the cursor appears on the Display (3) on it's right side. But when I move the cursor back down, the cursor appears as if I would just go down. Again. I'm at the right upper left corner of Display (1) and move the cursor one pixel up and one pixel down, and the cursor jumps from the right side to about 70% of the screen. Right to the right lower corner of Display (3). 

Yes, this is because of different resolutions of the Displays. But it's bad for productivity. What I would like to have is the ability to scale the cursor position. So when I'm at the lower right corner of Display (3) and move the cursor down, it shoud appear at the upper left corner on Display (1) and if I'm in the left lower corner on Display (3) and move down, the cursor should be at the left upper corner on Display (1). 

Is there a way to set it up?

you could lower the resolution on your laptop screen.. that would be the only thing that makes that work. 

when working with external monitors i would usually recommend working with laptop monitor closed..  or with the laptop display on one side of the others. 

are you using a dock?

3 minutes ago, Robchil said:

you could lower the resolution on your laptop screen.. that would be the only thing that makes that work. 

when working with external monitors i would usually recommend working with laptop monitor closed..  or with the laptop display on one side of the others. 

are you using a dock?

Yes, I use a dock.

Hmm... Well, I need 3 Screens, but when I have a quite good screen inside the notebook, why should I buy another Display? The same is to lower the resolution. Why? I think, it's insane to lower the resolution. It makes a 2k Display useless. 

You could try with tools such as LittleBigMouse when you want a more flexible cursor movement across monitors with different DPI/resolutions.

32 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Thank you, I just installed the App, it seems, like it's doing what I want.