Rockstar Games is blocking my IP

Monster_King

I know this sounds weird, Rockstar blocking an IP address, but I tried launching the Rockstar launcher on all of my PC's and none of them were able to launch it in online mode. My main desktop was able to launch it in offline mode only because it's the only PC that is connected to 2 networks at all times, since my ISP sometimes has issues and drops out. I can launch it fine on the 2nd network (4G router), but the second I switch back to ethernet from Wi-Fi, it goes back to offline mode or in the worse case closing and not launching back at all, saying that the Rockstar Games Services are unavailable with an error that doesn't exist anywhere on their support page. I spent a whole day on Rockstar support trying to solve this (they went in circles instructing me to change my DNS settings, resetting my router settings etc., first via their Twitter support then being transferred to the official support page's live chat and then to email, which they promptly didn't reply to even once), and nothing was achieved. Things I already tried:

1. Reinstall Windows on my laptop to see if a clean installation with no modifications works, neither Win11 or Win10 worked.

2. Changed my DNS from Cloudflare to Google then to my ISP's one, none of these worked.

3. Reseted my router to factory settings only inputting the static IP so that I can connect to internet (there is no ISP modem, I'm connecting directly from the switch that leads to our flat to my own router).

4. Tried a completely different router that I had on hand (an old TP-Link one).

5. Connected the internet cable directly to my PC with no switch or anything in between, inputted the IP addresses to connect, internet worked, Rockstar didn't.

I'm honestly at the end of the line here. Switching to a different ISP is impossible since they built the fiber lines to the houses on my street thus having a monopoly over the cable TV and internet service over fiber here. 5G internet, even though I have coverage here is not available for some reason, with the different ISPs providing the internet over the same fiber, but slower and more expensive. 

This is my last time I'm trying to solve this, the next step is to go to the high seas and play that way (offline but at least it f***ing works).

You're behind a setup which has 1 public IP most likely and someone else in the apartment complex (since everyone shares this one IP address) probably did something that got that IP address banned. There isn't any changing it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You're behind a setup which has 1 public IP most likely and someone else in the apartment complex (since everyone shares this one IP address) probably did something that got that IP address banned. There isn't any changing it.

Is it possible for my ISP to change the public IP or is it hard-bound?

2 minutes ago, Monster_King said:

Is it possible for my ISP to change the public IP or is it hard-bound?

I mean you said you get it via the internet complex so I assumed the ISP ran the connection to your complex and they paid for it and billed you monthly a portion of that. If you pay individually for an ISP connection then yes it's possible since you control that line.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

I mean you said you get it via the internet complex so I assumed the ISP ran the connection to your complex and they paid for it and billed you monthly a portion of that.. If you pay individually for an ISP connection then yes it's possible since you control that line.

I pay individually since there are only 6 apartments and only 3 as far as I know get internet over fiber (one flat is unoccupied at the moment and the other 2 use 4G I think) so I think it could be possible.

5 minutes ago, Monster_King said:

I pay individually since there are only 6 apartments and only 3 as far as I know get internet over fiber (one flat is unoccupied at the moment and the other 2 use 4G I think) so I think it could be possible.

Yah, if you have the account information then it definitely doesn't hurt to give the ISP a call and see what can be done.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yah, if you have the account information then it definitely doesn't hurt to give the ISP a call and see what can be done.

Will try that later today and post the result when I get it (they always have regular support people on the front lines that collect info and then a technician calls back a couple of hours later ugh)