Does anybody have the drivers for an Intel Xeon x5650?

I'm putting together a new (old) server running on that CPU (two of them, in fact, inside an old Mac Pro) and I can't connect to the internet, which is in fact very bad for a server!

Device manager shows that there are no drivers for the Ethernet Ports nor is there a Network driver. I've been trying to google it, but with no luck. The various websites I've been to either refuse to download the driver, the downloaded thing is not the driver, or they try to offload some random program onto me that I don't feel comfortable using. I also can't seem to find them on Intel's website. Does anybody know where I can get them?

Do you know for a fact that Intel is the manufacturer of the network card?

You're asking for drivers for the Xeon x5650, which is a CPU and generally doesn't need/have drivers. So I assume you mean drivers for whatever network card is included with the motherboard. Which OS are you running on the machine, is it macOS, or did you install Windows or Linux?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

You need the nic windows drivers for your mac pro not drivers for a cpu as those dont need those

What mac pro is this?

If you didbit correctlt via bootcamp then all drivers should be present

14 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Do you know for a fact that Intel is the manufacturer of the network card?

You're asking for drivers for the Xeon x5650, which is a CPU and generally doesn't need/have drivers. So I assume you mean drivers for whatever network card is included with the motherboard. Which OS are you running on the machine, is it macOS, or did you install Windows or Linux?

You know what I didn't think of that. This was roughly put together this morning before work after months of road blocks/putting it off, so I'll check that out in the morning. I suck at research so as much as I feel like an ass for asking for easy answers, they do certainly help. Thank you!

It's running Windows Server 2019. I had another problem before with another computer that my friend pulled from a dumpster where it needed some CPU drivers in order to connect to the internet/have ethernet cables be recognized so I thought it was a similar issue here.

14 hours ago, jaslion said:

You need the nic windows drivers for your mac pro not drivers for a cpu as those dont need those

What mac pro is this?

If you didbit correctlt via bootcamp then all drivers should be present

I have no idea what any of that is :v

I've never properly used a Mac before so I used the aforementioned dumpster computer (affectionately named the "Fire Hazard") to install Windows Server on an SSD and just threw it in there. I'll take a look at the network card and see if that's my issue (that's also probably why I couldn't find anything.)

Also I apologize for the scrappy-ness of all of this, but until I can get a sufficiently powerful NAS and game server for $30, dumpster gems and hand-me-downs are the best I've got :v

2 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

I have no idea what any of that is :v

I've never properly used a Mac before so I used the aforementioned dumpster computer (affectionately named the "Fire Hazard") to install Windows Server on an SSD and just threw it in there. I'll take a look at the network card and see if that's my issue (that's also probably why I couldn't find anything.)

Also I apologize for the scrappy-ness of all of this, but until I can get a sufficiently powerful NAS and game server for $30, dumpster gems and hand-me-downs are the best I've got :v

Yeah so thats not gonna work ever on a mac 😛 Surprised it booted even

Apple requires you to use bootcamp in osx to make an install of windows so it can configure all the drivers specifically for that mac

@jaslion I've been doing research today and that's what I've gathered so far. Is there a way to get Boot Camp or Apple Software Updater on the computer, or do I have HAVE to install some version of Mac OS?

2 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

@jaslion I've been doing research today and that's what I've gathered so far. Is there a way to get Boot Camp or Apple Software Updater on the computer, or do I have HAVE to install some version of Mac OS?

You HAVE to have mac os running alongside your windows install for it