Shape Sorter Toy is a safely hazard and should be removed from sale immediately

concern
20 hours ago, LinusTech said:

We've gone through a battery of safety certifications and tests. I'm super not worried about this. 

Also my kids had plenty of plywood-based toys. A couple splinters came off here and there and it was okay. Again, not worried about this.

Thanks so much for flagging this for us, though. We take the safety of our products EXTREMELY seriously, which is why this one has taken so long to bring to market.

Thank you for replying Linus. I just got really worried about the toy in the pictures seen on the store.

It’s really hard for me to trust new toy sellers because of experience. After some months of many good reviews I will look into the toy for sure.

Emily

1 hour ago, Assimov said:

But the splinters and rough surface finish thats shown IN THE PRODUCT PICTURES is a giant red flag and signals poor production quality and lack of quality assurance...

Linus wrote: "We've gone through a battery of safety certifications and tests. I'm super not worried about this."

Did you actually see/test the product for yourself to see how rough the surface finish is? Because for me, a couple of plywood microsplinters, on a couple of zoomed in pictures don't raise any flags whatsoever. Not to say, that plywood is a very soft wood, that easily splinters. Being a soft wood, those microsplinters shown in the zoomed in pictures, could hardly burst a bubblegum balloon, let alone hurt the soft skin of a child. Really can't say anything about the quality, since I haven't seen or tested the product myself. But, in regards to what is shown in the photos, for me personally is absolutely zero reason to worry. And I have children of my own, who had plywood toys when they were younger. Unless the product proves to massively splinter after a short while of usage, I see no reasons to worry. 

4 hours ago, Assimov said:

really love how LTT parents go "don't be a wuss" instead of ensuring the safety and well-being of their children.

A+ "I got hit by my parents as a child and i turned out fine 🥴"

incorrect.

Children need to fuck up sometimes in order to grow.  Getting hurt is part of growing up.

Should we hand children razors and swords and say "go to town on little stevie" ?  OF COURSE NOT

But you can't freaking safety pad the entire world.  

If a kid gets a splinter?  It gets pulled out, and 20 minutes later the kid doesn't remember it happened.

On 3/18/2023 at 4:31 PM, concern said:

The Shape Sorter Toy product on the LTT Store is a safely hazard and should be removed from sale immediately.

The safety hazards are:

• The plywood over time would splinter with the movements of pulling the pieces apart and a child would be injured or seriously hurt by ingesting a splinter in their throat.
  • The plywood moving in and out of the box would cause rubbing friction and could cause a fire.
  • The plywood would have impact over time from constant play and if any damaged on the sides occurred and the child rub against their skin it will cause serious cuts and injuries.

This product is dangerous for children. I know from experience. @LinusTech please look into this immediately! Before you hurt a child.

Emily

If you watch WAN Show (linked). They talk about the many safety test that they went though and how big of a pain it was to release the product in the first place. 

I still find it funny how people said “the friction of putting the pieces in could cause a fire”

4 minutes ago, Bio Hazard said:

I still find it funny how people said “the friction of putting the pieces in could cause a fire”

That was only OP.  I thought you said it would kill children.

I never said it would kill children even, I said it would be extremely painful for it to splinter under their nail 

On 3/18/2023 at 2:31 PM, concern said:

The plywood moving in and out of the box would cause rubbing friction and could cause a fire.

.... Whut

Fractal Core 1000. Rosewill Capstone 450. EVGA P55 Micro. i5-750 @4.0 Ghz. Hyper 212+. EVGA GTX 670. 2x 4GB Corsair Vengance 1600. Corsair Force 120. Misc storage drives.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 3:31 PM, concern said:
  • The plywood over time would splinter with the movements of pulling the pieces apart and a child would be injured or seriously hurt by ingesting a splinter in their throat.
  • The plywood moving in and out of the box would cause rubbing friction and could cause a fire.
  • The plywood would have impact over time from constant play and if any damaged on the sides occurred and the child rub against their skin it will cause serious cuts and injuries.

Man, let me tell you about some of the playground equipment we used to have in the 80s and 90s… It’s a wonder any of us survived, never mind unscathed.

10 hours ago, Cavalry Canuck said:

Man, let me tell you about some of the playground equipment we used to have in the 80s and 90s… It’s a wonder any of us survived, never mind unscathed.

Now all the playground equipment is too safe, takes all the fun out of trying not to die or get impaled 

18 minutes ago, Bio Hazard said:

Now all the playground equipment is too safe, takes all the fun out of trying not to die or get impaled 

Tetanus builds character.

\

image.png.f87ec3a6a3b98d9be864531d36a25b90.png

I sold my soul for ProSupport.