My first build

Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
1 minute ago, Drehtuer said:

Budget (including currency):  1000EURO

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly SolidWorks about 500 to 1000 parts for university, also Cities Skylines and Minecraft

Other details : I already bought a 2080 Ti and have a be quiet PURE ROCK 2 

I am thinking about those Parts

CPU: i7 13700f

Mainboard: Gigabyte B660 Gaming X

SSD: Samsung 980Pro

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3600Mhz

Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX

Powersupply:  STRAIGHT POWER 11 750W Gold

I have a 4k Monitor and would be happy to game at that Resolution but 2k would also be fine for me.

Do you think those Parts are a good combination? Are there better parts for the use or is anything over the top?

Thank you so much for any help!

Those parts are good together! You didn't go over the top on the CPU and motherboard, they will work completely fine. No money wasted on RGB.  This will be a nice system with paired with the 2080 Ti.  Bit worried that the PURE ROCK 2 might underperform on the 13700f however, its a hot chip.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly SolidWorks about 500 to 1000 parts for university, also Cities Skylines and Minecraft

I have a 4k Monitor and would be happy to game at that Resolution but 2k would also be fine for me.

Do you think those Parts are a good combination? Are there better parts for the use or is anything over the top?

1 minute ago, Drehtuer said:

Those parts are good together! You didn't go over the top on the CPU and motherboard, they will work completely fine. No money wasted on RGB.  This will be a nice system with paired with the 2080 Ti.  Bit worried that the PURE ROCK 2 might underperform on the 13700f however, its a hot chip.

10 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Yep the cooler is too weak, get a Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 instead, not even more expensive but way better

And the Samsung 980 SSD is overpriced for no reason other than being "Samsung", get a WD SN850 or SN770

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Thank you so much! I just ordered it now.

7 minutes ago, Drehtuer said:

Thank you so much! I just ordered it now.

Excellent!  If you need any help while putting the system together you can DM me here on LTT or add me on discord ( will send discord in DM ). I helped 13 people from the forums while they built their system over Discord, stayed on call with 3 of them for over 10 hours! All good fun of course 🙂

8 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Excellent!  If you need any help while putting the system together you can DM me here on LTT or add me on discord ( will send discord in DM ). I helped 13 people from the forums while they built their system over Discord, stayed on call with 3 of them for over 10 hours! All good fun of course 🙂

Huh, nice idea, could do that too, via DM at least for a start

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Haha thanks for the offers! I'll see. A friend of mine is also going to help me, so I guess we'll manage.

It actually became the Gigabyte B760 Gaming X Mainboard since that was cheaper and as far as I can see even better than the 660. And also the 750W BE QUIET Pure Power 12M. But now I wonder if I need any adapters for the power supply. Since the 2080 requires two 8 Pins and one 6 Pin. Is that so?

6 hours ago, Drehtuer said:

Haha thanks for the offers! I'll see. A friend of mine is also going to help me, so I guess we'll manage.

It actually became the Gigabyte B760 Gaming X Mainboard since that was cheaper and as far as I can see even better than the 660. And also the 750W BE QUIET Pure Power 12M. But now I wonder if I need any adapters for the power supply. Since the 2080 requires two 8 Pins and one 6 Pin. Is that so?

If you don't have any use for the 12VHP connector rather get a non ATX3 PSU , and if you want to future proof the PSU with ATX3 get a 1000W one

But anyways the BQ PP 12 PSU ships with 2 PCie 6+2 should be good

Ahh thats good, yeah I allready ordered so...