motherboard pin connection (power sw,etc)

sixpi0dnine
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

The header is somewhere in the bottom right corner of your motherboard ... in the picture, it's under the video card  and somewhere below that heatsink which has ASRock written on it. 

The headers are pretty much standardized, should be the same pinout as on other motherboards from Asrock, so you can use the manual linked above to inspire yourself

For example from page 15 : 

image.png.1918e662105c04a90afb388e7c1fb8c0.png

and page 29 zoooms it out : 

image.png.f0d862b05cfb9c61c0fc351b7f0139c9.png

LEDs  care about polarity - if you insert it the wrong way, nothing bad will happen, but the led won't light up. So you can just turn off the PC and flip the connector so that the wires are the other way around. But traditionally, plugs should be inserted with the text on the outside, if there's any label or something printed on the plug. 

The button / switches (power switch , reset switch)  don't care about polarity , it's a momentary buttons, you connect the two pins together when you press button. So it doesn't matter which way you put the connector in. 

Don't forget to connect the power to your video card and your CPU and don't forget to make the absolute noob mistake of not having spacers between the case and motherboard (most cases have spacers pre-applied - the motherboard bottom should not touch the case, and spacers should only be under motherboard screw holes.

Hey! i just bought a new gaming computer from a buddy to keep around and it has a (asrock b460 pro4s/ac) and the pins came unplugged so i looked up the motherboard manual for where the pins go because its very difficult to tell on the motherboard itself, but every manual i have seen has been wrong ive double checked a millions times and i just cant seem to figure it out i know its not the case because my audio and usbs will work. If anyone can find the correct location for the pins that would be awesome im currently using a screwdriver to power up my pc lol thank you!

Unless this isn't your motherboard, this manual should tell you where all the pins and headers are: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B460M Pro4ac.pdf

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

8 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Unless this isn't your motherboard, this manual should tell you where all the pins and headers are: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B460M Pro4ac.pdf

sadly this is the original one i looked at, it is not the same as the one i have idk why but i cant even find the motherboard itself online the motherboard on the right side says asrock b460 pro4s/ac i thought maybe the one you linked could have been the same but the io is different this was a prebuilt originally so idk if that can have anything to do with the type of mb 

it is a b460m PRO4S/ac

1D2EC2FA-535E-49F8-AA66-A9DA36087A9D.png

Do you have a clear photo of the full board?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

4 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Do you have a clear photo of the full board?

963EEEC6-F9B7-49D0-813E-FC7463A5F11E.thumb.png.343a787a91c643be359b9243b291b0aa.png

14 minutes ago, sixpi0dnine said:

-snip-

Apparently the asrock b460 pro4s/ac is just a System Integrator (iBuyPower, CyberPC, et al) version of the asrock b460 pro4/ac without VRM headsinks and some minor changes. In fact, the board model is likely just a sticker with the old non-S board model underneath. 

This very bottom right one is your switch headers:
image.png.6adcb38d976fa9dd53293fbfe0f2d452.png

I'm still looking for a high-res enough to confirm the pin-out

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

The header is somewhere in the bottom right corner of your motherboard ... in the picture, it's under the video card  and somewhere below that heatsink which has ASRock written on it. 

The headers are pretty much standardized, should be the same pinout as on other motherboards from Asrock, so you can use the manual linked above to inspire yourself

For example from page 15 : 

image.png.1918e662105c04a90afb388e7c1fb8c0.png

and page 29 zoooms it out : 

image.png.f0d862b05cfb9c61c0fc351b7f0139c9.png

LEDs  care about polarity - if you insert it the wrong way, nothing bad will happen, but the led won't light up. So you can just turn off the PC and flip the connector so that the wires are the other way around. But traditionally, plugs should be inserted with the text on the outside, if there's any label or something printed on the plug. 

The button / switches (power switch , reset switch)  don't care about polarity , it's a momentary buttons, you connect the two pins together when you press button. So it doesn't matter which way you put the connector in. 

Don't forget to connect the power to your video card and your CPU and don't forget to make the absolute noob mistake of not having spacers between the case and motherboard (most cases have spacers pre-applied - the motherboard bottom should not touch the case, and spacers should only be under motherboard screw holes.

Thank you everyone its working now wish I could solution everyone 😢