No Post on a system that was recently working, tried all basic troubleshooting - Mobo faliure?

refinedskillz

Turned on my computer a couple weeks ago, it posted to a plain black screen. No mobo logo or BIOS screen, just plain black. Sat on it for 15 minutes which is when I got worried. Tried resetting, didn't fix it. Was about to melt down as I had all my uni assignments due on Monday. Took off the side panel and unplugged my 360 controller, booted up just fine. Thought nothing of it until it happened again today, where unplugging a bunch of stuff didn't fix it. Here's what I have done:

Checked all connections and miscellaneous things according to sticky post - No change

Reset the CMOS - This caused it not to post at all. 

Reseat RAM - No change

Reseat GPU - Now my keyboard and mouse dont light up.

Replace GPU - No change

Having a quick read around forums it seems that a lot of people have this plain black screen post issue with ASUS boards. I'd like to try update the BIOS but I don't have a way of doing that. Considering that now the peripheral lights dont even turn on, Can I confidently assume that my mobo is dead here?

- W10 64

- Ryzen 5 1600 (Bought used years ago)

- PALIT RTX 3060 (Bought new a month ago)

- ASUS Prime B450-A (Bought new)

- Ballistics DDR4 (16GB 2 x 8GB 2666mhz) (Bought new) 

- EVGA 650GS Supernova "Gold Standard" PSU - 650w (Bought new in 2015)

- Samsung 850 EVO 250gb (boot drive)(bought new in 2015)

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

There is a myth about dead motherboards going round here. Motherboards aren't alive, they don't die. Except maybe if you step on it.

You've done something else wrong.

Is your monitor/cable working at all ?

Unplug everything unnecessary (360 controller, one stick Ram, RGB, a pity you don't have igpu...)

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

22 minutes ago, leclod said:

There is a myth about dead motherboards going round here. Motherboards aren't alive, they don't die. Except maybe if you step on it.

You've done something else wrong.

Is your monitor/cable working at all ?

Unplug everything unnecessary (360 controller, one stick Ram, RGB, a pity you don't have igpu...)

🙂

My monitor and cable are working as it did just post this morning, then as I've gone through troubleshooting everything's just gotten worse. 

Just tried powering on with the complete basics, still no post.

OK WTF?!? It posted.

My RAM wasn't seated properly but why has this happened in the first place?

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.