cant reset or update computer

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
2 hours ago, DahPython said:

Is there a way i can just download windows 10 and wipe the drives ?

Yes. But first I just remembered, you should try to repair any damaged system files. Open CMD as administrator, and type "sfc -scannow". If that repairs some files, restart the PC and try to update again. If that doesn't work:

1) download windows 10 iso

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

2) run this program. If it gives you another error while trying to update, grab a USB drive

3) make your USB drive a windows install tool using this ISO 

4) turn off the PC and unplug every drive that's not the main boot drive (this can come in handy trust me) 

5) turn on the PC with the USB plugged in, and go to BIOS to select the USB as your boot option 

6) once you get to the install page, you should have the option to format the main drive and install fresh.

I cant update windows 10 or restart it. First, I'm trying to do a clean install of windows 10, but it won't let me. I've tried both doing a local and cloud reinstall. Both don't work, tells me something went wrong. Then I tried to update windows 10 and it won't let me. It keeps giving me error code 0x800700c1. I even tried manually installing the update through the installer from online. Didn't work. I'm not sure what to do, I don't really want to keep anything on the computer i just want a clean install. 

What version of windows 10 are you running? Is it very up-to-date or rather old? If it's an older version I know a tool that can be used to download incremental ISO versions. If it's a recent version, you're better off downloading a fresh ISO off Microsoft's website and just formatting the boot drive, and installing fresh that way

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

What version of windows 10 are you running? Is it very up-to-date or rather old? If it's an older version I know a tool that can be used to download incremental ISO versions. If it's a recent version, you're better off downloading a fresh ISO off Microsoft's website and just formatting the boot drive, and installing fresh that way

how would I do that ? I dont think its that old. Probably no longer than 6 months ago. Is there a way i can just download windows 10 and wipe the drives ?

2 hours ago, DahPython said:

Is there a way i can just download windows 10 and wipe the drives ?

Yes. But first I just remembered, you should try to repair any damaged system files. Open CMD as administrator, and type "sfc -scannow". If that repairs some files, restart the PC and try to update again. If that doesn't work:

1) download windows 10 iso

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

2) run this program. If it gives you another error while trying to update, grab a USB drive

3) make your USB drive a windows install tool using this ISO 

4) turn off the PC and unplug every drive that's not the main boot drive (this can come in handy trust me) 

5) turn on the PC with the USB plugged in, and go to BIOS to select the USB as your boot option 

6) once you get to the install page, you should have the option to format the main drive and install fresh.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad