RAM clock keeps randomly jumping to 10k

Recently built a pc with the Ryzen 7 7700X 8 core and Corsair Dominator DDR5 5200 with a Gigabyte B650 Aero G AM5. After I built it, there was an issue with the computer restarting after booting and opening programs. I realized that the RAM is too fast for the CPU so went into bios to notch it down a bit. This has worked for the most part and I'm not having as much issue with this. But it tends to get mighty loud and the memory clock jumps to 10501 MHz, especially when I open a game or something that stresses it. It also puts the gpu over 90% utilization and the fans are not spinning. I downloaded GeForce Experience and the driver is up to date, I'm just not sure what to do about the memory clock jumping so high, even when I'm not running a program.

I'm also having an issue where the sound will work for a while and then just stops completely until I switch it to my other screen and then it goes out and I switch it back. Anyone have an idea of what I can do?

Capture.PNG

19 minutes ago, robynradio said:

realized that the RAM is too fast for the CPU so went into bios to notch it down a bit.

Not really, it's hard to find a Ryzen 7000 series CPU that can't do 6000MT/s. 

20 minutes ago, robynradio said:

But it tends to get mighty loud and the memory clock jumps to 10501 MHz, especially when I open a game or something that stresses it. It also puts the gpu over 90% utilization and the fans are not spinning.

You have a 3080/3090 I'm guessing? The memory clock you're reading is almost certainly the GPU memory clock, 10501Mbps is what I'd expect a G6X based Nvidia GPU to be running at. 

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Not really, it's hard to find a Ryzen 7000 series CPU that can't do 6000MT/s. 

You have a 3080/3090 I'm guessing? The memory clock you're reading is almost certainly the GPU memory clock, 10501Mbps is what I'd expect a G6X based Nvidia GPU to be running at. 

It's a Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti and just seemed odd to me that it would run that high even just after booting and then fall back down to 800 within a second.

2 minutes ago, robynradio said:

It's a Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti

Yup, that's what that clock readout is. Default memory clock for a 4070 Ti is 1313MHz, and with Nvidia GDDR6X cards you multiply that by 8 to get the effective data rate, so 10504MHz is exactly what I'd expect. 

3 minutes ago, robynradio said:

just seemed odd to me that it would run that high even just after booting and then fall back down to 800 within a second.

It's not that uncommon for Nvidia cards to go to full boost while at idle every once in a while. The Windows desktop is 3D accelerated, so doing something like opening the start menu or moving a window around can cause the GPU to boost up to full speed for a second or so. 

On 3/5/2023 at 9:45 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

Yup, that's what that clock readout is. Default memory clock for a 4070 Ti is 1313MHz, and with Nvidia GDDR6X cards you multiply that by 8 to get the effective data rate, so 10504MHz is exactly what I'd expect. 

It's not that uncommon for Nvidia cards to go to full boost while at idle every once in a while. The Windows desktop is 3D accelerated, so doing something like opening the start menu or moving a window around can cause the GPU to boost up to full speed for a second or so. 

Okay, thank you. Any ideas for the sound going out randomly and then coming back when I switch it between screens?

8 minutes ago, robynradio said:

Okay, thank you. Any ideas for the sound going out randomly and then coming back when I switch it between screens?

Never seen anything like that, can't help you there. Sorry.