Vega 56 bios flash to vega 64 problem

Scidja

Hello everybody! I am having a problem with flashing a rx vega 56 to rx vega 64 bios. So basically i've tried now flashing with alot of different vega 64 bioses but it always ends up with an error saying P/N mismatch. Would greatly appreciate help in solving this problem

Thats not how that works.

Thats not how any of that works.

You need to modify your card and have a SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR THAT CARD bios to do this.

Btw it doesnt do much just ups clocks and boosting behavior ehich can be done with just a vega 56 bios

7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Why are you trying to flash a Vega 64 BIOS onto a Vega 56 card?

Higher clocks and boosting only possible on reference models. Did it on mine because it was in a waterloop brought 10% performance gains pretty neat

20 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Why are you trying to flash a Vega 64 BIOS onto a Vega 56 card?

To reach higher clocks and increase overall performance in games and benchmarks

14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Thats not how that works.

Thats not how any of that works.

You need to modify your card and have a SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR THAT CARD bios to do this.

Btw it doesnt do much just ups clocks and boosting behavior ehich can be done with just a vega 56 bios

Higher clocks and boosting only possible on reference models. Did it on mine because it was in a waterloop brought 10% performance gains pretty neat

What do you mean? The seller was able to run vega 64 bios on all of his vega 56 cards but flashed them back to vega 56 before he sold them. I got a vega 56 card with samsung memory so there shouldn't be any problem with flashing a 64 bios on there

20 minutes ago, Scidja said:

What do you mean? The seller was able to run vega 64 bios on all of his vega 56 cards but flashed them back to vega 56 before he sold them. I got a vega 56 card with samsung memory so there shouldn't be any problem with flashing a 64 bios on there

The seller said "yea i did it and it worked then I changed it back?"

Can you not hear the vast potential for this being a lie?

18 minutes ago, whispous said:

The seller said "yea i did it and it worked then I changed it back?"

Can you not hear the vast potential for this being a lie?

doubt he would lie since he's one of the most reputable seller in this one pc component selling group. There no point in him lying since he won't gain anything from it

Can everyone just keep out the unnecessary comments and someone actually lend me help here 😊

3 minutes ago, Scidja said:

Can everyone just keep out the unnecessary comments and someone actually lend me help here 😊

Ok so what card do you have?

3 minutes ago, Scidja said:

Well what you're asking is not how this works. It's not simply "the same card with a different software"

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Ok so what card do you have?

Sapphire radeon rx vega 56 8gb (blower model or the model with only one fan on the right side)

6 minutes ago, whispous said:

Well what you're asking is not how this works. It's not simply "the same card with a different software"

like i said there's people who have succesfully done it so what's the issue 🤔 I've seen lots of people say that with samsung HBM2 memory you can flash vega 56 to a vega 64

32 minutes ago, Scidja said:

doubt he would lie since he's one of the most reputable seller in this one pc component selling group. There no point in him lying since he won't gain anything from it

Not necessarily true.  He did get you to buy the card didn't he?

8 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Not necessarily true.  He did get you to buy the card didn't he?

Yeah i bought it before i asked him about if he had ever ran vega 64 bios on it. So no there's literally zero reason to lie about it. He was selling 4 pieces of vega 56 with each one running on vega 64 bios and waterblocks on them prior to selling forward

5 minutes ago, Scidja said:

Yeah i bought it before i asked him about if he had ever ran vega 64 bios on it. So no there's literally zero reason to lie about it. He was selling 4 pieces of vega 56 with each one running on vega 64 bios and waterblocks on them prior to selling forward

If that's true, then why didn't he give you one of the cards that was already running the Vega 64 bios?  Have you ever heard the story of the snake oil salesman?

Just now, kb5zue said:

If that's true, then why didn't he give you one of the cards that was already running the Vega 64 bios?  Have you ever heard the story of the snake oil salesman?

because before selling he turned all the cards including mine back to vega 56 bios since the vega 64 bios would cause temperature problems with a blower model cooling solution.

14 minutes ago, Scidja said:

because before selling he turned all the cards including mine back to vega 56 bios since the vega 64 bios would cause temperature problems with a blower model cooling solution.

Oh, that makes everything alright then.

1 hour ago, Scidja said:

Sapphire radeon rx vega 56 8gb (blower model or the model with only one fan on the right side)

s shiuld work

Thi

14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

s shiuld work

Thi

Thanks! i'll check this out later and inform you about the results

11 hours ago, Scidja said:

Thanks! i'll check this out later and inform you about the results

hey this guide didn't help me. Still the same problem