Bad graphics in every game...

Andy that has problems

Hello! I've had this issue for super long on my old and my new gpu so, it's definitely not a graphics card issue. So the issue i have is that, the games don't look sharp and it looks like, even though the anisotropic filtering is at max, it still doesn't render on long distance. It's really hard to explain how it looks. I have tried resolutions from 1080p, 1440p and 4k. Making higher resolution does so the game looks better but not enough. I have some thoughts that it, could be the monitor. I'll share my specs below.

GPU: rx 6800xt nitro+ OC se edition

CPU: i5 9600k

Monitor: BENQ xl2411P

Motherboard: Z390-A-PRO

If there's a mesh quality setting, I know at least in BeamNG, it affects graphical details at distance. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

Yeah, sadly it's like this in every game. However, it seemed like disabing anti aliasing fixed the issues beside the weird textures due to no anti aliasing. But distance make everything look bad, but when looking at others play, their game looks so good.

I don't see what the problem is.

Your monitor isn't set to treat the signal as though it has overscan, is it? Are you running at your monitor's native resolution?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I am, running on my native resolution. All games look blurry in the distant and it kind of ruins the immersion for me. It's like when i look on youtube, the grass is like dark green and really crispy, while grass while i'm playing is like muddy and brightgreen and doesn't look as realistic. The graphics look worse the more distant it goes basically, hard to explain.

15 minutes ago, Andy that has problems said:

I am, running on my native resolution. All games look blurry in the distant and it kind of ruins the immersion for me. It's like when i look on youtube, the grass is like dark green and really crispy, while grass while i'm playing is like muddy and brightgreen and doesn't look as realistic. The graphics look worse the more distant it goes basically, hard to explain.

Have you checked your LOD (Level of Detail) in these games? That's a setting that helps determine how far away items render at full quality.

Hello! I have had everything on ultra, some games don't have LOD if i know that right. However, when i say all games look bad i really mean it. The further it gets, the blurrier it get. How do the pictures look on your screen, if you dont mind me asking? Stuff are rendering normally, but as i said, it just gets blurrier.

Might sound super basic, but have you updated your drivers, or did you just slap the GPU in and start gaming?

5 hours ago, Andy that has problems said:

How do the pictures look on your screen

I'll be honest with you, they look completely normal,  i think you're just like noticing any of this.  btw in real life things also get more "blurry" the farther away.  Shocking,  i know. 

honestly the only thing you could do is make sure *motion blur* is always completely off in any game you play, that effect can easily make things look worse and blurry (as the name suggests) 

but otherwise,  no, looks completely normal to me, e.g. first screenshot, lots of vegetation,  stuff in the horizon,  thats just how its gonna look (tress and stuff generally wont be very high res/poly for one)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Hello, this sounds like it'll be my monitor smh, because nothing is sharp atall, atleast on my side and it sounds like you see how it looks normally, when i watch youtube videos on rdr or other games they look much better 🤣 But i really appreciate the answers

24 minutes ago, Andy that has problems said:

I just noticed that, those pictures looked way better on my phone compared to this monitor.

maybe you just have a blurry monitor then, because yeah, it just looks normal  - the textures etc aren't great but thats just to be expected for games that do this whole "scenery thing" - overall it may look nice but if you look at textures more closely it usually doesn't. but still that really sounds like a monitor problem then. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Yeah, the picture is a bit more sharper on phone, considering that resolution is 1440p in game, on a 1080p monitor. I feel like it might be the monitor that has bad picture. The screen on phone is a bit darker and shows better signs of sharpness basically.

Does your monitor have a sharpness setting?

This website has lots of tests to help you tune your monitor. http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

• 1 year later...