NZXT Kraken Z73 Pump not working

Go to solution Solved by harmondrew465,
42 minutes ago, harmondrew465 said:

[UPDATE]:

Through a new Cooler, and a BIOS update, I’ve lowered idle temps by 10 degrees. I’m about to try installing windows and if that goes smoothly, I’ll mark this as solved.

BIOS update must have been part of it. We’re running well now, though I’m not fully convinced the other pump wasn’t broken, because the feel of the vibrations in the tubes of this new pump do feel different. 

I just bought a new Kraken Z73 from microcenter, but it doesn’t seem to be doing its job. I went to install windows on my new build today, and when I came back to my computer it was in the BIOS because it safety shut off from the CPU getting to hot. It was idling at 55 C in the BIOS. Neither of the tubes for the AIO felt cold, and when I touched the pump, it wasn’t vibrating. 

I restarted the pc, and noticed when I first start the pc, the pump vibrates for a second, and then goes still. I have gone over the internet and I cannot find out what is wrong with the pump, and I’m worried I will have to get a new one. 

I’m using an ASUS X670E-E motherboard, with a 7900X. 

Things I have tried:
•Reseated the SATA power connector
•plugged the 3-pin pump connector to the CPU_FAN header
•plugged the 3-pin pump connector to the CPU_OPT header
•plugged the 3-pin pump connector to the CHA_FAN header
•Set the Q-Fan control DC and PWM to Full
•Reseated the pump to the CPU with fresh thermal paste

Have you got the fans on the radiator plugged into something make sure they are working and make sure they are plugged into a fan header (any one including the cpu fan header)

4 minutes ago, StickyPC said:

Have you got the fans on the radiator plugged into something make sure they are working and make sure they are plugged into a fan header (any one including the cpu fan header)

I have them plugged in to the fan header thats part of the “smart controller” built in to the pump. The fans seem to run fine and i can feel them working. 

The pump is probably faulty I recommend to return it and get a new one but check the cable beforehand to make sure there is no damage to the cable and also make sure you are plugging the cables in the right way

3 minutes ago, StickyPC said:

The pump is probably faulty I recommend to return it and get a new one but check the cable beforehand to make sure there is no damage to the cable and also make sure you are plugging the cables in the right way

Everything is defo plugged in the right way. Something someone on reddit mentioned was that with the cpu idling at 50 the pump can’t be doing nothing, but I don’t know what else I could try at this point

2 minutes ago, harmondrew465 said:

Everything is defo plugged in the right way. Something someone on reddit mentioned was that with the cpu idling at 50 the pump can’t be doing nothing, but I don’t know what else I could try at this point

Yea I reckon return it obviously not working my cpu is at 65 when stress testing after overclock on an AIO and 30 at idle AIO is not working better to return

12 hours ago, StickyPC said:

Yea I reckon return it obviously not working my cpu is at 65 when stress testing after overclock on an AIO and 30 at idle AIO is not working better to return

I went to Microcenter and got a new one. Same issue. Updating my BIOS its the last thing I can think of. 

[UPDATE]:

Through a new Cooler, and a BIOS update, I’ve lowered idle temps by 10 degrees. I’m about to try installing windows and if that goes smoothly, I’ll mark this as solved.

42 minutes ago, harmondrew465 said:

[UPDATE]:

BIOS update must have been part of it. We’re running well now, though I’m not fully convinced the other pump wasn’t broken, because the feel of the vibrations in the tubes of this new pump do feel different. 

6 minutes ago, harmondrew465 said:

well now it's swapped.. since it's a  3 pin it's not pwm.. and pump should go at max when fan header is not plugged in.. from the sata plug.  on my pwm plug for the pump it's only 1 cable anyway... purly to get rpm.. ground it gets from the molex plug i have.