What Quadros can overclock?

da na

A question coming from pure curiosity: which Quadro/RTX cards can overclock? I know my RTX A4500 can overclock but I cannot change power limits, but my Quadro FX 4600, FX 4800, FX 570, K620, K4000M, and 2000 do not. can anyone provide insight on if you can overclock the earlier 2000-series Quadro RTX, or the Maxwell cards? Just out of curiosity!

The quadros were meant for stuff like CAD so i don't really think they should be able to overclock. I remember having a Quadro fx 1800 which i swapped in my (ancient but still working!) Radeon HD 6450 for just because of the relatively newer directx and overclockability.

2 minutes ago, Solrr Flarr said:

The quadros were meant for stuff like CAD so i don't really think they should be able to overclock. I remember having a Quadro fx 1800 which i swapped in my (ancient but still working!) Radeon HD 6450 for just because of the relatively newer directx and overclockability.

Yeah, I'm aware that most Quadros do not overclock since there's no point. Hence why I am curious which can.

1 minute ago, Solrr Flarr said:

The quadros were meant for stuff like CAD so i don't really think they should be able to overclock.

I'm sure there's a good amount of Quadros that can overclock. If not, there are probably modded vBIOSes out there that enable it.

14 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

RTX A4500 can overclock but I cannot change power limits

I believe no card past Maxwell can change power limits without a modded vBIOS. I've not been in the GPU overclocking scene in a while though, but that's what I remember from Pascal.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

You can oc fermi teslas, my c2050 in particular ocs well, though doing so may cause a fire.

46 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

Yeah, I'm aware that most Quadros do not overclock since there's no point. Hence why I am curious which can.

The old ones can. I've overclocked a Quadro 600 (Fermi) with moderate uplifts. From my understanding, the newest Quadros (and "Quadros" AKA non-GeForce RTX cards) are not able to be overclocked, though. I've heard that Kepler was the last gen where it was possible without BIOS mods and the like.

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

The old ones can. I've overclocked a Quadro 600 (Fermi) with moderate uplifts. From my understanding, the newest Quadros (and "Quadros" AKA non-GeForce RTX cards) are not able to be overclocked, though. I've heard that Kepler was the last gen where it was possible without BIOS mods and the like.

Wacky, my A4500 can overclock just fine with Afterburner, no BIOS mods. Dell subvendor card.