Upgrading Corsair PSU

miagisan

I am having issues where my computer randomly turns off and reboots, with the error CPU Cache Heirarchy Core XX (core changes all the time).

I currently have tested the ram (passed), changed the cpu (3600x to 5700x), reinstalled windows and drivers (GPU/chipset/lan/etc), and updated the bios on the mobo. Temps are all normal (cpu is at 71C, gpu 68C edge/75C junction).

I have also upped the voltage on the Memory (1.4v now), VSOC (1.10), VDDG (0.95) and VDDP (0.90). Still happens, just not as often. It used to happen a multiple times a day, but now its only a couple of times a day, so getting closer.

The question I have is, I am thinking it may be the power supply, and was wondering if I changed from a Corsair RM750 (2019) to a RMx850 850x (2021) if i could just leave the cables and swap the power supply. According to this list, I should be able to but I just want to double check: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

Parts List:

CPU: Ryzen 5700x

MoBo: Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus (WiFi)

Ram: 2x16gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 CL 16

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME (2 of these)

Video Card: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX5700 XT 8 GB

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX

PSU: Corsair RM750 (2019) 750W 80+ Gold

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Technically yes you can, but I would not do that.  Corsair has great customer service and if you think you're PSU is bad you can make a warranty claim and they'll get you a new one very quickly.

The RM is a great PSU and 750 watts is more than this system will ever use by a long shot.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

Probably a bad CPU, not the PSU. A defective Ryzen CPU is not uncommon.

13 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Probably a bad CPU, not the PSU. A defective Ryzen CPU is not uncommon.

Already changed the CPU (3600 to 5700x), changed the ram, turned off XMP, turned off ryzen boosting, played with voltages. Looking for the next cheap step.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Just an update.....I ended up finding a great deal on an open box PowerColor Fighter 6800 (non XT) from Microcenter. I changed it out, its been 3 days of never turning off my computer, and I have had 0 crashes. Why would a GPU cause CPU Cache Heirarchy Errors? My brain hurts....I been working on this issue for over a year now....

— Grumpy old man