Maxed out 2012 MBP - Just Got No Replacing - Need Help With Dual GPU Setup

Oh my god I can do center spacing

why

TMW LTT Forum has a 10000X better writing system, thanks vbulletin

Alright enough screwing around.

I have a 2012 MBP that is absolutely maxed the hell out and I love it.  I just got it and I've legit never been happier.

-----------------------------------------

Specs:

Intel i7 3820QM 4c8t 8mbL3 4XL2

16GB Ram @ 1600 

Intel HD4400 + Nvidia GT650M (compares to my desktop 730 rather well, actually, bonus)

Samsung 870 EVO SSD 

Dvorak Keyboard because I'm a nut

running Manjaro on the latest kernel

------------------------------------------

I need bumblebee installed, which is the MUXing software for linux provided by Nvidia and their partners.  Or whatever.  Theres Bumblebee, which is the switching package, then theres BBSwitch, which is the software that talks to the kernel and muxxer itself.

What happens is I get BBee installed, reboot, then I can't get to TTY, cant get to anything.  Its legit the reason I have avoided Nvidia my entire life at this point, they just have bad hardware IMO.  But, I install the normal driver, skip the mux, then it works, but I have significant lag to my screen.  Probably to someone else they wouldn't care, but I play TF2 and I can see the trailing that happens in videos with people talking.  No bueno.

------------------------------------------------

Things I will not be doing:

Reinstalling linux / installing windows / installing mac os

If I have to look at another installer I will smash the machine

Booking it and seeing what happens

I already know what happens

Read wikis

I did, no one actually spent the money to buy one of these back in the day to get it working near as I can tell, and anything I find nowadays is just snobbery.  I don't want the lag, I don't want a shit OS, I just want gpu switching.

Buy something

Gimme money

------------------------------------------------

What do I do?  Alternatively, is here a distro that will just work out of the box?  I somewhat doubt it, but years ago when I had a GS63VR I ran deepin and it had all the shit setup already.  Chinese people love these laptops as much as I do.

-------------------------------------------------------

@LinusTechthanks for using vbulletin why the hell was I at level1techs