Not sure where to start on SFF Living Room PC build

Rootbear75
Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
47 minutes ago, Rootbear75 said:

Ideally I want a small form factor PC to fit into standard IKEA Kalax cube shelves

According to IKEA (shout out to my spirit plush Blahaj), a standard Kallax grid is the size of 330mm*390mm*330mm (Width*Depth*Height). Ill use this measurement for maximum fit, but do be noted that this can be a bit longer if you dont mind it poking, and also taller if youre willing to compromise its structural integrity and cut the dividers to double the space, but by that point i do think you better off putting it atop or beside the shelf.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($129.98 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($148.94 @ Amazon) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($40.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Mushkin Helix-L 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($48.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $993.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-02-26 22:52 EST-0500

Budget (including currency): Would prefer to keep below US$1000 if at all possible.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Primarily going to be used for couch gaming and VR.  I have my Steam Index in my office but i feel like I would use it more in the living room.  I also want this set up for 4 player couch multiplayer games.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 
 I have tried using Steam Link but for whatever reason, I cannot seem to get good performance on the TV.  I have a Unifi network with a UDM PRO as my router / gateway and it attached to a PoE Switch.  gig networking everywhere.

The TV this is hooked up to is a Sony A95K, and the best latency I can get is at least 500ms between controller input and seeing it on screen. This might be partly the TV picture settings, partly the network, etc....

but at this point, having VR available to me in the living room is important. I'm sure I could find some way to jury rig an HDMI connection down there, but I'd rather just have another PC at this point instead of spending the amount of time to get all that working seamlessly.

Ideally I want a small form factor PC to fit into standard IKEA Kalax cube shelves.

I'm not picky on the exact part, and I do not care about pushing 4K gaming, but at the same time I don't want the graphics to look like garbage on the TV.

I want the best bang for the buck, and excellent performance VR Gaming on my Valve Index VR setup.

My current gaming rig has a 3080 I can sacrifice to the cause as long as I replace it with something else that can run desktop stuff at decent/high graphics.

I am also not picky on AMD vs Intel.  It's been over 10 years since I built my last PC so I'm not even sure exactly what is the best performance out here, so I'm looking to crowdsource this one.

Maybe eventually it will turn into a media playback device, but as the Sony A95 has Android TV, probably not lol. (will probably invest in a NAS if i need to do that)

Mostly, I just need help picking out the main parts.  Storage should be easy enough to figure out, same with other peripherals.  Mostly need help on good Motherboard, CPU, Graphics Card, and Case (and maybe RAM) -- and potentially a USB add-on PCI card for more ports. Initially it will be wireless, but it will move to wired once i finish running CAT6A in the walls.  Will need Bluetooth for Xbox controller connections.

If there is any other information I can provide please let me know. Appreciate ya'lls faces.

sorry i went a bit over budget not shure what rez youre playing at on desk top but 1080 should run fine on a 3060 to my knowledge  

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/k7sF2m

CPU: Intel Core i5-13400F 2.5 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($209.95 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 37.8 CFM CPU Cooler  ($54.93 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME H610I-PLUS D4-CSM Mini ITX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($108.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12G GeForce RTX 3060 12GB 12 GB Video Card  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($102.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Lian Li SP 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  ($129.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1020.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-02-26 22:05 EST-0500

"its all about the pentiums baby"

- "Weird" Al Yankovic's its all about the pentiums

47 minutes ago, Rootbear75 said:

Ideally I want a small form factor PC to fit into standard IKEA Kalax cube shelves

According to IKEA (shout out to my spirit plush Blahaj), a standard Kallax grid is the size of 330mm*390mm*330mm (Width*Depth*Height). Ill use this measurement for maximum fit, but do be noted that this can be a bit longer if you dont mind it poking, and also taller if youre willing to compromise its structural integrity and cut the dividers to double the space, but by that point i do think you better off putting it atop or beside the shelf.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock B550M-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($148.94 @ Amazon) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($40.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Mushkin Helix-L 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($48.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $993.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-02-26 22:52 EST-0500

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Check this, out the Jonsbo D30 will fit that space with it poking out the back by 1cm.  It can take a mATX board and an ATX PSU.

Also

• The 6700xt and 6750xt are identical chips with different factory clocks from AMD.  The 6700xt will run the same on the same cooler once you tune it in the adrenaline suite, which is a one-click operation.
  • You can get a 2TB SSD w/ a dram cache, if you don't care about this, a dramless gen 4 would be $20 less and get you under budget.
  • You can also get a $40 cheaper motherboard if you don't care about having a USB-C header.
  • You can get 32GB of RAM if you do this, not a big deal, but it's really only like $20 more and you'd never have to upgrade it.
  • With this setup, the GPU will be drawing cold air from beneath the case.  A basic top-mounted AiO to cool the CPU would be optimal, but you could go without if you wanted.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW X 74.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($37.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($131.99 @ Best Buy) 
Video Card: ASRock Challenger D OC Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($349.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Jonsbo D30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($91.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 Snow - TT Premium 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1016.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-02-27 16:16 EST-0500

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

These are all super helpful. All three of you have provided help in my starting point and i'd love to assign a solution to each of ya.