Realtek Audio

Llizardq

Hi everyone, I just got my pc built I was wondering how/what do I do to get my audio back I already tried installing the Realtek audio 64bit but it still wont work even if in have it plugged into the motherboard or the front of the case, before it would pop up that what do I want to do with my audio mic/headset but now it doesn't show anything and I'm not able to hear anything

22 minutes ago, Llizardq said:

Hi everyone, I just got my pc built I was wondering how/what do I do to get my audio back I already tried installing the Realtek audio 64bit but it still wont work even if in have it plugged into the motherboard or the front of the case, before it would pop up that what do I want to do with my audio mic/headset but now it doesn't show anything and I'm not able to hear anything

youtube has videos that has the answer..............it worked for me when i replaced the HDD with a cloned SSD...........

2 hours ago, worstalentscout said:

youtube has videos that has the answer..............it worked for me when i replaced the HDD with a cloned SSD...........

That's not really an answer is it? You basically are saying they should try a different resource than this forum, in fact you are basically telling them to google it. 

@Llizardqwhat do you mean by getting your audio back? You say it is a newly build PC.  Can you give us a bit more details about what you mean? 

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

On 2/27/2023 at 12:55 AM, Llizardq said:

Hi everyone, I just got my pc built I was wondering how/what do I do to get my audio back I already tried installing the Realtek audio 64bit but it still wont work even if in have it plugged into the motherboard or the front of the case,

Gotta start trying to narrow it down, what's shown in device manager ?

Is it the audio driver from the motherboard support page ?

Your headphones or speakers, are they working with other devices or known good ? 

Is it plugged into the correct port ?

The onboard ports are usually more reliable to test from as less prone to possible issues with front panel and hookup.