Faulty ram when xmp is running.

Gabgamay

Good day everyone!

I recently bought 32gb 3600mhz of corsair vengeance pro sl ram. Without xmp it passes memtest86. With xmp, it fails on test 7 and test 8. I had it sent back to the retailer to get it tested but when they ran the same test, the ram passes the tests conducted by memtest86. I was wondering what could be the reason for this. I am running it along side an i5-12400.

332129729_914122956370272_5852322369020187343_n.jpg

20 minutes ago, Gabgamay said:

but when they ran the same test, the ram passes the tests conducted by memtest86. I was wondering what could be the reason for this.

because they like your money and don't want to give it back.

basically the ram is suppose to function in the customers board , not the retailers , have them refund you money. or just have your bank refund it. Your bank will just want proof that you made an effort to return and refund the product , and proof of it's defects which you have both of.

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

because they like your money and don't want to give it back.

basically the ram is suppose to function in the customers board , not the retailers , have them refund you money. or just have your bank refund it. Your bank will just want proof that you made an effort to return and refund the product , and proof of it's defects which you have both of.

Unfortunately, according to the refund policy, "Only items deemed defective by the technical support team can be returned or exchanged. Replacement or exchange due to change of mind is not allowed". It seems to be working according to the technical support team so I am ineligible. I have also made the purchase in cash.

1 minute ago, Gabgamay said:

according to the refund policy

unfortunately for them , policy isn't law.

if they didn't test the product under the conditions you are using it , then their testing methodology is flawed.

2 minutes ago, Gabgamay said:

I have also made the purchase in cash.

small claims , it actually should be open and shut as they more than likely won't show up so you just walk in , wait , and basically win by default.

18 minutes ago, emosun said:

unfortunately for them , policy isn't law.

if they didn't test the product under the conditions you are using it , then their testing methodology is flawed.

small claims , it actually should be open and shut as they more than likely won't show up so you just walk in , wait , and basically win by default.

Could it possibly be a faulty motherboard or cpu? My previous ram prior to upgrading was capped out at 2400 mhz so maybe some of my components have difficulty running at higher speeds?

3 minutes ago, Gabgamay said:

Could it possibly be a faulty motherboard or cpu? My previous ram prior to upgrading was capped out at 2400 mhz so maybe some of my components have difficulty running at higher speeds?

well without buying different hardware to crosscheck everything it'll be hard to diagnose so yeah it could be motherboard issue if the bios doesn;t have any updates related to compatibility or stability.