my case only came with 8 screws but motherboard manual says 9 screws are needed? lian li 2 mesh c asus tuf x 570 motherboard.

vinnynaps1793

hey my case i ordered from amazon lian li 2 mesh came with 8 screws and the manual for the asus tuf x570 manual says it needs 9 screws what do ido I was Gunna ask, micro center probably where I should have got the case but...????my first build was supper excited to start but

10 minutes ago, vinnynaps1793 said:

hey my case i ordered from amazon lian li 2 mesh came with 8 screws and the manual for the asus tuf x570 manual says it needs 9 screws what do ido I was Gunna ask, micro center probably where I should have got the case but...????my first build was supper excited to start but

You don't actually need to use all 9 screw for the motherboard, 8 will hold the motherboard in place just fine. Its not like you are throwing the PC around, its just going to stand still. 4-5 screws would work too.
You can skip the bottom right screw if you want, as there is no strain on the motherboard like a big cooler or GPU down there. Completely fine to do so.
image.png.15a70fd751c4281015f251d30aa07c57.png

15 minutes ago, vinnynaps1793 said:

sometimes the case will come with a pin to help you hold the motherboard up instead of having to screw the first screw in while holding up the motherboard. I dont know if Lian li does this, but usually its the center one. If its already installed you may not have even noticed it yet

27 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

You don't actually need to use all 9 screw for the motherboard, 8 will hold the motherboard in place just fine. Its not like you are throwing the PC around, its just going to stand still. 4-5 screws would work too.
You can skip the bottom right screw if you want, as there is no strain on the motherboard like a big cooler or GPU down there. Completely fine to do so.

99% of cases have a post in the center mounting point to hold the motherboard in place while you screw it in, which is why a board would only ship with 8 screws.

Due to this, most systems by default skip the center screw, and only put screws in the 8 edge points.

That said, yes, you absolutely can mount a motherboard securely with 4-5 screws. I've done it with 3 before. It doesn't make a huge difference unless the PC is moving around pretty consistently, at which point you'd probably want a few more screws.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

39 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That said, yes, you absolutely can mount a motherboard securely with 4-5 screws. I've done it with 3 before. It doesn't make a huge difference unless the PC is moving around pretty consistently, at which point you'd probably want a few more screws.

Hell, 2 well placed ones are enough usually. One on the top, one on the middle ish, and the gpu would hold the rest down pretty well

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Hinjima said:

image.png.15a70fd751c4281015f251d30aa07c57.png

I prefer leaving out the leftmost one since it's closer to case walls & caps ! 😆

4 hours ago, vinnynaps1793 said:

As others said, you don't really need all 9.

But if it's really a concern for you, you can purchase a box of motherboard screws cheaply on amazon or somethin.

You can probably ask 1 or 2 for free from a brick & mortar store too.

https://www.amazon.com/Standoffs-Assortment-Universal-Motherboard-Installation/dp/B09BD7Y13P/ref=sr_1_3?crid=17RFW37JTNM8A&keywords=motherboard+screw&qid=1677311977&sprefix=motherboard+screw%2Caps%2C603&sr=8-3

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.