Need recommendation $400-$500 camera kit (body+lense) for beginner (mainly point&shoot and macro)

Goldilock

Hi all,

I am complete noob in camera space, but my wife said she wants to get into photography, she has $400 to $500. Considering her usage I can list out few requirement, hope you guys can recommend something.

1. The $400 -$500 budget is for complete kit, body+lens

2. Most important is it needs to portable and lightweight

3. Mostly she will shoot outdoor, concert, selfie, and a little bit macro photography

4. It will be used mostly photo, video usage is minor

5. Big plus if it can share photo directly from camera to phone (bluetooth?)

6. Great dynamic range and good capability of shooting in the dark

Obviously entry level DSLR is crossed out because they are bulky.

I'm thinking about Panasonic Lumix G85, but I want to know if there is better option that can suit her usage better.

1. Getting camara and lens separately will be better to suit your needs.

3. For those You will be better off with your current smartphone (If it is a high end one) That also suit the 2,5 requirement. And get a tripod (you could find 2 in one Selfie stick tripod Thing and they are portable) , Light(If your phones flash isn't good enough for you) , Lens kit (If you really wants)

Try getting something used in this price bracket there is not really anything amazing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 6:10 PM, Goldilock said:

Hi all,

I am complete noob in camera space, but my wife said she wants to get into photography, she has $400 to $500. Considering her usage I can list out few requirement, hope you guys can recommend something.

1. The $400 -$500 budget is for complete kit, body+lens

2. Most important is it needs to portable and lightweight

3. Mostly she will shoot outdoor, concert, selfie, and a little bit macro photography

4. It will be used mostly photo, video usage is minor

5. Big plus if it can share photo directly from camera to phone (bluetooth?)

6. Great dynamic range and good capability of shooting in the dark

Obviously entry level DSLR is crossed out because they are bulky.

I'm thinking about Panasonic Lumix G85, but I want to know if there is better option that can suit her usage better.

Would say getting like Sony ZV E10
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-alpha-zv-e10-mirrorless-vlog-camera-body-only-white/6473807.p?skuId=6473807&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAmJGgBhAZEiwA1JZollaqKpsCea8T1llhZqfe-CuSznLK3FaW5RDVFutvKG-YRy9fizWeJxoCjjcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It little bit more then your current budget but it way worth it because the screen can flip. I have used it to record 4k and also Capture for live stream in 4k. Also good at photography stuff.  It has Sony E mount and can be changed with other brand with adapters. Would give more possibility with it.

I currently Use 

A6000 we have 2 

A6400 

ZV E10

I ended up buying different lens that are in E mount.