R9 290 showdown Windforce vs Tri-X

Hey guys,

Here is my latest showdown with Gigabytes Windforce R9 290 going up against the Tri-X R9 290 from Sapphire!

Hope you enjoy it!

Is this against the COC... like self advertising...

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I'm not asking anybody to subscribe, I only have like 23 subs and I don't make any money off this so I don't see how..

I buy these cards with my own money and do reviews and comparisons because I like to think they help people decide which to buy or just to entertain people who are curious about which one is better.

I post them up here for that exact reason.

He posted in the member review section, so I don't see why it would be a problem.

I feel like when it comes down to the higher end aftermarket cards, most of them perform roughly the same. I would have personally bought the Gigabyte card, because I had a good experience with them in the past.

Either way, I thought it was a great review. Thanks for sharing.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Ah, good to see another GPU comparison from you. I'll have to watch this a bit later when I'm actually free to.

Nice posters :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Even though im going Nvidia this time, the video was still interesting. 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Thanks very nice comparrison.

What is exaclty better on the powercolor you talked about? Since the powercolors are often the most cheap ones arround, then this could be very interessting :)

About the windforce and the TriX its offcourse obvious that the TriX is the better card in terms of cooling and noise.

Thanks very nice comparrison.

What is exaclty better on the powercolor you talked about? Since the powercolors are often the most cheap ones arround, then this could be very interessting :)

About the windforce and the TriX its offcourse obvious that the TriX is the better card in terms of cooling and noise.

I made another video which put the Tri-X up against the PCS+ card from powercolor and the PCS+ is better in almost every way aside from size (its huge) but its quieter, cooler, faster and has a backplate.

I made another video which put the Tri-X up against the PCS+ card from powercolor and the PCS+ is better in almost every way aside from size (its huge) but its quieter, cooler, faster and has a backplate.

Nice thank you :)

Size does not matter for me lol, got a big "computer" case :D

Nice thank you :)

Size does not matter for me lol, got a big "computer" case :D

Well with fin surface area yeah size definitely does matter :)

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"