Over scan when using USB-C to HDMI cable??

atm0706

I recently got a usb-c to hdmi cable that is capable of 4k60hz so that I could use it on my laptop when gaming on my TV at 1080p120hz. My laptop has to 

pass video through the igpu if you don't use one of the type c ports, and this reduces your max fps. Hence buying this cable...

It does indeed get 1080p at 120hz with 10bpc color depth, but the image is over scanned quite badly. Nothing I have found can fix this except for manually

setting the screen size in NVidia control panel with the laptop screen disabled. 

There's no over scan using a cheap generic HDMI cable, so why do I get it with the nicer usb-c to hdmi cable?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 @ 3800 CL16 | GPU: EVGA 2070 Super Black | Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 with Arctic P12 fans | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 GA | Storage: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe SSD | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14 Redux, 4x Arctic P12 (including the 2 on rad) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C with dark tint tempered glass | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Lite | Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate | Monitor: 27" Samsung Odyssey G7 | Speakers: JVC SP-UX7000 in cherry | No RGB except the pump block is set to white. Motherboard lighting is OFF.

Just to clarify. Are you getting the edges chopped off your image, or are you getting a black border around your image?

Just now, BrianG61UK said:

Just to clarify. Are you getting the edges chopped off your image, or are you getting a black border around your image?

The edges are getting chopped off

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 @ 3800 CL16 | GPU: EVGA 2070 Super Black | Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 with Arctic P12 fans | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 GA | Storage: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe SSD | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14 Redux, 4x Arctic P12 (including the 2 on rad) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C with dark tint tempered glass | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Lite | Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate | Monitor: 27" Samsung Odyssey G7 | Speakers: JVC SP-UX7000 in cherry | No RGB except the pump block is set to white. Motherboard lighting is OFF.

And the "cheap generic HDMI cable" and the problem USB-C to HDMI cable are both being plugged in to the same socket on the same display?

Just now, BrianG61UK said:

And the "cheap generic HDMI cable" and the problem USB-C to HDMI cable are both being plugged in to the same socket on the same display?

Yes, both are being plugged into the same socket on the TV. I have also tried the other sockets, and the problem persists.