1 of the front panel USB not working?

Blindeagle

Hi built a new pc about 4 month ago and everything has been working perfectly fine, last night at around 2 everything was working. 

Today when i turned it on and did an update 1 of my front panel is not working but the other is working perfectly fine. I assume its a driver problem but i have no idea how to fix it, 

A weird thing. When i plug in my keyboard. No rgb shows up and its not working. When i plug in my g pro headset with the wirless dongle power is going to it as i can see the green light stay still but i cant hear anything. 

Anyone know what could be causing this weird issue? 

Thanks 

Can't it be that an USB cable from the front I/O isn't fully plugged to the mobo ? I've got this recently with my USB-C not working but other USB did, cable was half connected..

Those USB plugs aren't very secure, have thick cables and tend to move/come off easily...

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Can't it be that an USB cable from the front I/O isn't fully plugged to the mobo ? I've got this recently with my USB-C not working but other USB did, cable was half connected..

Those USB plugs aren't very secure, have thick cables and tend to move/come off easily...

I checked every connection and its all plugged in. Again was working fine last night + i havent mewed the pc 

53 minutes ago, billbill said:

A lot of cases have both USB 2.0 and 3.0 USB and they have a different connector 

Ye tried them all to make sure, I also dont get how it stopped working after a night , i didn't touch the pc or anything. Only thing that happened was an update when i turned my pc on in the morning, came back and it dosen't work. But i know there is power to it as the light blinks on the device. Its really weird 

16 minutes ago, CaptainDarkstar42 said:

Check your driver's in device manager. Make sure they are running as they should be

Done and everything is . When i plug anyuthing in it comes up as : USB composite device. So i know its picking it up but nothing else. maybe its me but my driver dates are set to 2006 for some reason

and like i said i have 2 front pannel usb 3 (Case is nzxt h7 flow) and the second one works. Its just the first one but im sure its working as when i plug in my wireless headset. The dongle flashes green 

Ok so an update, it works with an external hard drive- picks that up but not my headset or keyboard. This is really weird 🙂 Any ideas anyone? 

are you on an intel or amd system, in your device manager you can uninstall your usb devices one at a time. if you do them all your usb will not function. once you have unintall them you can have windows scan to find a driver (pc with a magnifying glass) also have you visually inspected the usb port to see if its not damaged or something inside it?

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

7 minutes ago, EvilLemur said:

are you on an intel or amd system, in your device manager you can uninstall your usb devices one at a time. if you do them all your usb will not function. once you have unintall them you can have windows scan to find a driver (pc with a magnifying glass) also have you visually inspected the usb port to see if its not damaged or something inside it?

Intel, and ye as i said above my external harddrive works perfect, but if i plug in my mouse, keyboard, headset nothing, this is really weird 🙂

my suggestion check your event viewer to see if it populates and error when you plug in your keyboard and mouse and or headset if nothing shows i would then roll back the update that was installed and then check to see if the usb is functioning correctly.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

6 minutes ago, EvilLemur said:

my suggestion check your event viewer to see if it populates and error when you plug in your keyboard and mouse and or headset if nothing shows i would then roll back the update that was installed and then check to see if the usb is functioning correctly.

for the event viewer how do i look for errors - first time using it 

So after doing some digging it seems that windows 10 no longer logs usb connections so im gonna have to find some other software that can see the current log but one question is do the devices work on the other usb's? 

34 minutes ago, EvilLemur said:

So after doing some digging it seems that windows 10 no longer logs usb connections so im gonna have to find some other software that can see the current log but one question is do the devices work on the other usb's? 

Yep all working perfectly fine, its just that 1 front pannel 1 and im 100% sure its a software issue 

3 minutes ago, Blindeagle said:

Yep all working perfectly fine, its just that 1 front pannel 1 and im 100% sure its a software issue 

try to uninstall said update.. 

1 minute ago, Robchil said:

try to uninstall said update.. 

I tried to restore to last night, same issue

To add it seems my external hard drive is a usb 3 but my mouse, keyboard anther usb drive i tried is all usb 2 so could it be usb 2 is broken someone on that port?