agp vs agp pro

rubyseeker12
Go to solution Solved by da na,

ATI Fire GL4 is AGP Pro 8x. (Fire GL, not FireGL, wildly different cards.) It's quite an odd, uncommon, rare card... 

3660-front.jpg

I am looking for a old gpu for a agp pro interface. i know there are agp x4 interface gpus, but is x8 reserved specifically for agp pro? or is their a agp x16 interface? i have problems telling if a gpu has a agp or agp pro interface.

basically nothing used agp pro after agp 8x was in use. no such thing as agp x16

question , what machine are you trying to install an agp gpu into because agp was around for several generations and you dont just put any agp gpu into any board.

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

basically nothing used agp pro after agp 8x was in use. no such thing as agp x16

question , what machine are you trying to install an agp gpu into because agp was around for several generations and you dont just put any agp gpu into any board.

i dont know yet. i just like building computers and want a gpu that uses agp pro so i can use it in a future build

Just now, rubyseeker12 said:

i dont know yet. i just like building computers and want a gpu that uses agp pro so i can use it in a future build

so you're purchasing a stand alone agp pro card with no other hardware or specific goal or compatibility requirement in mind?

if thats the case then you can just pick pretty much any agp pro card that exists. basically anything that would determine what card to choose isn't applicable so just pick whichever you like.

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

so you're purchasing a stand alone agp pro card with no other hardware or specific goal or compatibility requirement in mind?

if thats the case then you can just pick pretty much any agp pro card that exists. basically anything that would determine what card to choose isn't applicable so just pick whichever you like.

i looked it up and it says agp (non-pro) can draw up to 25 watts. so if a graphics card uses more then 25 watts, does that mean its agp pro?

Alot of boards use a standard AGP slot but I'm assuming you already know yours is a pro slot.
I have a couple that do and if I have to, I can take a pic of what a pro slot looks like. May take a bit of time to do since I'd have to find one that does but I've got it here somewhere.
I believe I have a card based on that slot too and can snap a pic of it once I find it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.