Pc Restarting when playing high demanding games.

Fizzo

I really need help. I have recently upgraded to an RTX 3060 Graphics card and I have been experiencing my Pc shutting down and rebooting when playing high demanding games. At first I thought it could be my power supply which was 500w so I upgraded to 850W and the problem still occurred. I have tested my CPU for bottlenecking which is not an issue. My Pc usually reboots when my GPU temp is around the 65-75 Temp mark where I then hear a slight crack in my audio then my Pc restarts. I have also removed old drivers and reinstalled latest which did not fix the issue. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know would be much appreciated. I just don't understand how this is happening having not tampered anything with the new graphics card. Again any help is appreciated thank you in advanced! I will list my specs below to give you all a better understanding of what I am working with.

Specs

GPU- RTX 3060 Dual Fans

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 3600

RAM- 16Gb 3200mhz (2 x 8 sticks)

PSU- Corsair 850W

Motherboard- B450 Pro M2 Max motherboard

1TB HDD

exact model of PSU?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Fizzo said:

Pc usually reboots when my GPU temp is around the 65-75 Temp mark where I then hear a slight crack in my audio then my Pc restarts. I have also removed old drivers and reinstalled latest which did not fix the issue. If anyone has any suggestions

Bios / chipset drivers updated?

What's in event viewer? 

Also does this happen every time or only in certain games?

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Fizzo said:

I really need help. I have recently upgraded to an RTX 3060 Graphics card and I have been experiencing my Pc shutting down and rebooting when playing high demanding games. At first I thought it could be my power supply which was 500w so I upgraded to 850W and the problem still occurred. I have tested my CPU for bottlenecking which is not an issue. My Pc usually reboots when my GPU temp is around the 65-75 Temp mark where I then hear a slight crack in my audio then my Pc restarts. I have also removed old drivers and reinstalled latest which did not fix the issue. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know would be much appreciated. I just don't understand how this is happening having not tampered anything with the new graphics card. Again any help is appreciated thank you in advanced! I will list my specs below to give you all a better understanding of what I am working with.

Specs

GPU- RTX 3060 Dual Fans

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 3600

RAM- 16Gb 3200mhz (2 x 8 sticks)

PSU- Corsair 850W

Motherboard- B450 Pro M2 Max motherboard

1TB HDD

sounds like PSU reset. not that 3060 is that demanding. 

I would say that it sounds like a PSU, but you swapped that already.  I would run memtests on your system and GPU to rule those out.  What are your CPU temps before it shuts down on you?

On 2/13/2023 at 3:25 AM, Raptor2213 said:

I would say that it sounds like a PSU, but you swapped that already.  I would run memtests on your system and GPU to rule those out.  What are your CPU temps before it shuts down on you?

Ive just undervolted my GPU and my pc is still shutting down even though it is on temps of 60 degrees im not quite sure actually on the CPU temp will give it a test right now and let you know. Thank you

On 2/12/2023 at 10:16 PM, Robchil said:

sounds like PSU reset. not that 3060 is that demanding. 

ive upgraded to 850w and have underclocked my GPU pc is still turning off and resetting even on 60 degrees with cracks in audio a minute or two before it turns off

On 2/13/2023 at 3:25 AM, Raptor2213 said:

I will give it a check but I have run benchmarks on my cpu and my system does not shut down even when its on 92 degrees

On 2/12/2023 at 8:48 PM, Mark Kaine said:

Bios / chipset drivers updated?

What's in event viewer? 

Also does this happen every time or only in certain games?

GPU bios are up to date. I havent tried a chipset update though will give it a go. and no it only happens in high demand games. When i play overwatch, valorant, call of duty its fine but when i try and play games like warzone 2 and star wars battlefront it shutsdown even when im on 60 degrees after my undervolt.

2 hours ago, Fizzo said:

GPU bios are up to date. I havent tried a chipset update though will give it a go. and no it only happens in high demand games. When i play overwatch, valorant, call of duty its fine but when i try and play games like warzone 2 and star wars battlefront it shutsdown even when im on 60 degrees after my undervolt.

hmm, i see , it does kinda sound like psu still, im not really familiar with that corsair e model, but def seems like a high quality unit so im not sure.

and ok updating chipset drivers is definitely important,  if theres a bug in power delivery or something that might fix it  

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity