Need help with my Lenovo ryzen 7 laptop

Hey, so 2 days ago i bought a Lenovo ideapad 3 15ALC6 Ryzen 7 5700u 12gb ram and 512gb m.2. I know the brand isnt that good and i wasnt expecting really good performance, but it laggs a little bit, i know the proccessor is really powerful, but youtube videos sometimes stutter and i dont know whats causing that, im also running Windows 11 pro.

Probably old drivers. Had the same issue couple months ago with my legion.

Use DDU to uninstall them and instal the latest whql drivers from the ams website.

Just now, jaslion said:

Probably old drivers. Had the same issue couple months ago with my legion.

Use DDU to uninstall them and instal the latest whql drivers from the ams website.

I did try that, and windows deletes them and installs their drivers, i went on amds website and i downloaded amd adrenalin for my cpu and windows just deletes it and install its own drivers

1 minute ago, Daniel Gorgievski said:

I did try that, and windows deletes them and installs their drivers, i went on amds website and i downloaded amd adrenalin for my cpu and windows just deletes it and install its own drivers

Do it but get the driver first from amd then turn off the internet and install your driver.

If it still overrides turn off updates for the gpu.

Just now, jaslion said:

Do it but get the driver first from amd then turn off the internet and install your driver.

If it still overrides turn off updates for the gpu.

For sure i will try that later, just a question, how do i turn off updates for my gpu? The ryzen 7 5700 comes with radeon graphics. Im new to windows 11 thats why im asking

Upgrade your RAM as well.

Since that PC doesnt have a dedicated graphics card it's using your system memory as video memory.

With Win 11 and some Tabs open you probably use a large chunk of your 12GB already so there's not much room to cache GPU stuff.

That being said you probably should be able to at least get a lag free youtube experience so try to get working drivers or maybe try a clean install of Win 11 Pro to see whetehr that fixes your problem

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows11

2 hours ago, Daniel Gorgievski said:

I know the brand isnt that good and i wasnt expecting really good performance

Nothing wrong with Lenovo as a Brand. It's actually one of the better Brands.

The Ideapad 3 is just a cheap entry level series, so if anything is wrong with the device, it's reasons they had to cheap out with. Just like any cheap Dell, HP or Acer.
Lenovo also builds powerfull Workstations.

12gb ram

12gb Ram usually means: 4gb soldered + 8gb Stick.
8gb will run in Dual Channel, remaining 4gb in Single Channel.

It's random where the data is stored, so in 2/3 of times the data is in dual channel speed, 1/3 of times in single channel.
This should however not affect any basic Tasks.

but youtube videos sometimes stutter and i dont know whats causing that, im also running Windows 11 pro.

Which ones? Have you used youtube statistics to confirm dropped frames and used Codec?

Are all drivers up to date? https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-3-15alc6/downloads

Maybe download and isntall the latest drivers, regardless what is installed. Lenovo probably has a utility that checks it for you.

How is CPU/GPU usage and Temperatures?

Did you activate "Hardware accelleration" in your Browser?

Does the problem occur when Plugged in?

8 hours ago, Assimov said:

Since that PC doesnt have a dedicated graphics card it's using your system memory as video memory.

With Win 11 and some Tabs open you probably use a large chunk of your 12GB already so there's not much room to cache GPU stuff.

That being said you probably should be able to at least get a lag free youtube experience so try to get working drivers or maybe try a clean install of Win 11 Pro to see whetehr that fixes your problem

THanks for the info, i will buy a stick of 16gb ram next week, but idk if that will fix the issue.

6 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Nothing wrong with Lenovo as a Brand. It's actually one of the better Brands.

The Ideapad 3 is just a cheap entry level series, so if anything is wrong with the device, it's reasons they had to cheap out with. Just like any cheap Dell, HP or Acer.
Lenovo also builds powerfull Workstations.

12gb Ram usually means: 4gb soldered + 8gb Stick.
8gb will run in Dual Channel, remaining 4gb in Single Channel.

It's random where the data is stored, so in 2/3 of times the data is in dual channel speed, 1/3 of times in single channel.
This should however not affect any basic Tasks.

Which ones? Have you used youtube statistics to confirm dropped frames and used Codec?

Are all drivers up to date? https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-3-15alc6/downloads

Maybe download and isntall the latest drivers, regardless what is installed. Lenovo probably has a utility that checks it for you.

How is CPU/GPU usage and Temperatures?

Did you activate "Hardware accelleration" in your Browser?

Does the problem occur when Plugged in?

I tried DDU 3 times it still is choppy when dragging windows arround and watching youtube videos or scrolling on facebook/twitter. Also the usage isnt a lot my cpu is at 10 to 15 while browsing maybe even less. I dont game on this laptopt its only for office work but its still annoying how its lagging even tho its a ryzen 7 5700U. All the drivers are up to date, i checked them 10 times, the temps are also good cpu is at 30 to 50 max. And hardware accelleration is activated. And yes plugged in its still doing this, ive also enabled performance boost in bios still the same thing happens. Also now i noticed that small texts are more blurry, it looks like there is no driver installed but there is. I think its a windows 11 issue.

6 minutes ago, Daniel Gorgievski said:

I tried DDU 3 times it still is choppy when dragging windows arround and watching youtube videos or scrolling on facebook/twitter. Also the usage isnt a lot my cpu is at 10 to 15 while browsing maybe even less. I dont game on this laptopt its only for office work but its still annoying how its lagging even tho its a ryzen 7 5700U. All the drivers are up to date, i checked them 10 times, the temps are also good cpu is at 30 to 50 max. And hardware accelleration is activated. And yes plugged in its still doing this, ive also enabled performance boost in bios still the same thing happens. Also now i noticed that small texts are more blurry, it looks like there is no driver installed but there is. I think its a windows 11 issue.

Im planning on buying this ram SODIMM Notebook Memory Kingston 16GB CL22 DDR4 3200MHz, 

8 hours ago, Assimov said:

Im planning on buying this ram SODIMM Notebook Memory Kingston 16GB CL22 DDR4 3200MHz

For blurry Text: Run Windows ClearType, you can customize it. That should usually do the trick there.

No idea what could be wrong with that performance issue, even on cheap laptops this should NOT be an issue. Even with an Ryzen 3 5300u with only 4 Cores those things should be absolutely smooth.

Drivers: i'm NOT Talking about GPU Driver, so DDU is useless.

i'm talking about Chipset Drivers and other Mainboard drivers. Maybe something is wrong there.

If nothing helps, return or RMA it. 

19 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

For blurry Text: Run Windows ClearType, you can customize it. That should usually do the trick there.

No idea what could be wrong with that performance issue, even on cheap laptops this should NOT be an issue. Even with an Ryzen 3 5300u with only 4 Cores those things should be absolutely smooth.

Drivers: i'm NOT Talking about GPU Driver, so DDU is useless.

i'm talking about Chipset Drivers and other Mainboard drivers. Maybe something is wrong there.

If nothing helps, return or RMA it. 

Yeah i did reinstall the chipset drivers and its still the same. I honestly think its a windows 11 issue. Because i know amd had problems with windows 11.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Gorgievski said:

Yeah i did reinstall the chipset drivers and its still the same. I honestly think its a windows 11 issue. Because i know amd had problems with windows 11.

Then many other Devides should have problems too. If they had problems, there should be already some updates i guess.

Can you try Windows 10?
Or maybe any Linux Distribution as a Live USB Stick or maybe VM?

17 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Then many other Devides should have problems too. If they had problems, there should be already some updates i guess.

Can you try Windows 10?

Ngl tthats a good suggestion, im gonna install linux on a bootable usb and im gonna see if i have the same problems

2 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Can you try Windows 10?

i just installed windows 10 and its actually better its not lagging anymore its normal xd

Awesome! Maybe just stick to 10 untill it's solved. It's supported till end of 2025, so enough Time.

15 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Awesome! Maybe just stick to 10 untill it's solved. It's supported till end of 2025, so enough Time.

Yeah i will stick with windows 10 untill they fix windows 11, its a shame i cant run windows 11 it looks really good. Thank you for all the suggestions.