GPU showing black screen after installing drivers

Mix255

I made a really budget build from spare parts that i had from other builds, in this case gpu gtx 770 is our main topic.

With microsoft generic drivers everything works fine, except that i cant put resolution to 1920x1080.

I tried a couple of older nvidia drivers but all end with a black screen or no signal on monitor (in some instances the screen would be white).

Of course i did gpu ddu after each try. Now the interesting thing is, in the middle of the installation (around the first screen flash), there is like a 30 second time where the drivers are semi-installed and it is in 1920x1080.

After those 30sec it goes black.

Now the thing that i want to know, is there any way to just install the drivers to that point?

Because all i need is a 1080p output, this pc will be used for office, and some light browsing.

It would be nice if anyone can help me with this.

Try going to the manufacturers site if a prebuild pc you have upgraded. Maybe you can get proprietary drivers. 

If not a premade, try the motherboards website to see if anything there.

6 minutes ago, RokInAmerica said:

Try going to the manufacturers site if a prebuild pc you have upgraded. Maybe you can get proprietary drivers. 

If not a premade, try the motherboards website to see if anything there.

Hmm, 

I can't seem to find anything. Btw the motherboard is Asus p6t. It's not a prebuilt.

On 2/7/2023 at 11:24 PM, RokInAmerica said:

I am no expert but will check out what I can find tonight after work.

update: after my first post, i installed the drivers via the device manager, again black screen, it was late so i just turned it off and went to sleep. The next day i turned it on and i worked perfectly, for about 30 hours, then it started again, but its a bit different now. Drivers are installed and are displaying image in 1080p until the welcome text, win10 btw. And it shows the desktop for about 5 seconds then black screen, no signal. This made me question if it is something with nvidia control panel? Btw the drivers i installed with device manager were from 2020, so not the latest ones.

update: tried installing windows 7 and the oldest driver i could find (2015). Still the same issue, however now it doest show black screen, just a solid blue color.