Hot take

astn22

Hot take:

WiiU is better than Wii

Now before you send death threats, here me out,

1. Wii U can run Wii games, so you can still run OG mario kart and wii sports(resort)

2. You have more awesoem games like nintendo land, super mario 3d world, and minecraft and mario kart 8

If the question is "Which is a more fun/'useful' console to own in 2023?" you can make a case the Wii U is better.

If the question is "Which was a more fun console to own during their own respective eras?" then it's the original Wii by miles.

Your post neglects that the original Wii could/can run the whole Gamecube library, which the Wii U can't without homebrew. 

The Wii U was not a bad console per se but Nintendo utterly failed to make the case for it in their marketing, and not enough games utilized its unique features. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

If the question is "Which was a more fun console to own during their own respective eras?" then it's the original Wii by miles.

I still love my Wii. Play games on it at least once a week which, funnily enough, is more often than I game on my PC.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

The OG wii is def the better console due to the GameCube games middcore mentioned. Although I emulate anyway, because OpenEmu is just so much more convenient, I’d rather run a Wii.

Also, I hesitate to acknowledge it because it seems almost like bait, but referring to Mario Kart Wii as "the OG Mario Kart" is kind of ridiculous as there were 5 previous games in the series before it and if you ask many people Mario Kart Wii was the worst one up to that point. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

@Crunchy Dragon I also own a Wii and used to play on it a lot. Had to homebrew it due to a toddler thinking how fun it would be to play 2 games at the same time.😕 And for some reason now usbloadergx doesn't want to work anymore sadly.

I probably forgot about this comment so quote me if you need a response.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are talking about in general, then of course, its just an upgraded Wii with features that are beneficial, or the ones that people don't like are optional. If you are seperating them, then its Wii by a relative margin

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 5:28 PM, Middcore said:

Also, I hesitate to acknowledge it because it seems almost like bait, but referring to Mario Kart Wii as "the OG Mario Kart" is kind of ridiculous as there were 5 previous games in the series before it and if you ask many people Mario Kart Wii was the worst one up to that point. 

I am one of those people who dislike mariokart wii.

it's mainly the computer in the multiplayer, sucks the fun out of it.