PC won't boot

WestTexan

TLDR at the bottom of the page: 

My electricity unexpectedly went off for 5 minutes, my pc was on when it went off. I turned my psu switch off and when the power came back on I turned the psu switch on and pressed the pc power button.

All fans spinned, gpu LED went on and when I press the restart button my GPU LED changes color.  RX 570

My msi b450 tomahawk has the CPU LED on a constant red and I can switch the psu white lights on and off via a small switch at the back. I have ryzen 5 3400G

Here is what I tried 

Removing CMOS battery for 5 minutes,putting it back in and attempting to turn pc on. 

Unplug everything besides the monitor  cable from pc then attempt to turn pc on.

Leaving it on for 10 minutes, putting it off and on again. Nothing

Computer still wont go on. I do have an anti surge plug by the wall socket which my pc connects to.

What else can I do? Also, I did clean my pc yesterday but my cpu fan and the thing below that is dusty  but I can only clean that once I buy thermal paste as I dont have any.

Here in South Africa I deal with power outages daily but normally I know when its going off and I put the PC off and turn off the PSU switch just before the power goes off and when electricity is back on it turns on just fine and if it doesnt waiting some minutes fixes it. This current incident has happened before and waiting many hours,  normally fixes it.

TLDR : Power went off while my pc is on and now it wont turn back on. I tried removing CMOS battery and re-inserting,didnt work. Need help

This is what happens when I press on button and at the end I press the restart button and the gpu LED light changes

26 minutes ago, WestTexan said:

My msi b450 tomahawk has the CPU LED on a constant red

Does the manual say what that means?

26 minutes ago, WestTexan said:

Here in South Africa I deal with power outages daily

Get a UPS if you can, modern computers *should* be fine with power loss, but I don't think that it's all that healthy if it happens daily. Especially for your PSU.

25 minutes ago, WestTexan said:

Also, I did clean my pc yesterday

It turned on without any issues after that, I presume? What did you use to clean it?

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

Well removing the CMOS battery will have cleared the Bios settings so MB should be in a default state same as it left the factory.

From the little video it looks like you cannot even get to the Bios which is unfortunate as that is where I would begin looking for any possible issues.

your video makes it look like it is going thru the boot process but in a loop..and getting halted at the video

I am unfamiliar with your MB and just want to ask if you have the option to piug the monitor into the MB via hdmi ? If you can remove the GPU and try to get to bios and see if the PC can boot. I live in Southern china and have ofver the years often had the power suddenly stop and restart etc but not on a daily basis but modern hardware is simply so much more robust I have not had any serious issue as you are suffering.

GPU is maybe the issue here and I would remove it and if you have anyone that can offer a working card for you to test would be a good area to investigate.

2 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

If you can remove the GPU

That's a good idea, you should be able to use the integrated CPU for troubleshooting.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

Before doing anything, be sure to get yourself a good UPS.  One that will provide enough time to properly shut down your machine and one that provides a clean signal to your machine when in use.  Something along the lines of the UPS shown in the link below.  I know that you said you are in South Africa so things are somewhat different there but you get the idea.

https://www.newegg.com/cyberpower-cp1500pfclcd-nema-5-15r/p/N82E16842102134