Bottleneck

Sheymin

I have installedf the extra 4 pin cpu connector to my pc jujst incase and when I check task manager the cpu is running at a low ghz . is that due to the extra 4 pin that im not using or could be something that isn't importyant. When i didsnt have the extra 4 pin cppu it seemed like my pc ran faster. is it placebo

if you werent connecting the cables inside the machine properly then there could be quite a large list of reasons the machine isn;t running correctly that would cause sporadic speed changes in the hardware

9 minutes ago, Sheymin said:

I have installedf the extra 4 pin cpu connector to my pc jujst incase and when I check task manager the cpu is running at a low ghz . is that due to the extra 4 pin that im not using or could be something that isn't importyant. When i didsnt have the extra 4 pin cppu it seemed like my pc ran faster. is it placebo

is there any load on the CPU?

do you expect it to run at full clock speed all the time?

does it feel slow?

if there is no load on the CPU (as in you aren't really doing anything except running task manager) then it won't necessarily run at the full clock speed. You wouldn't really want it too anyway since it would just be using power for no reason.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.