Monitoring software for I/O ports?

Chiyawa

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, is there a monitoring software for I/O ports, or to be more specific: Each USB ports (Be it USB-C, USB3.2 ports), including the transfer speed and utilisation? I'm wanted to know how well I utilising USB devices, because I seems to feel like my USB devices are bottlenecking when transfer a lot of data between them and my internal hard drives. While Windows Task Manager has good monitoring capability, but it only show drive utilisation and transfer speed, but not USB in general (such as what speed they are running, what device are attaching, USB port capabilities). And also, it doesn't have to be USB only, but Interconnected device such as SATA, NVMe, PCIe, and others.

I know HWiNFO can do it, but I don't think they monitor the USB utilisation, they only tell you that the USB devices uses which protocol (such as USB 3.2 or USB 3.0)

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

I think I was recommended Portmon once, I think that type of thing is called a sniffer? Not too knowledgeable, maybe someone else can confirm.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?