Is there a way to recover after a reset

We Didnt_t start_the_fire

So after more then a week of frustration dealing with a hack(viruses) and slow windows, I got really frustrated with windows (being so slow and buggier then normal) and being hacked in the last week made me mad so bone headed I reset Windows with the keep all my file option, ended up losing some important data and extensions plugin data (one tab saved link/tab maanger) on chrome. Plus some cryptos in my wallet app I completely forgot, it isn't much, maybe 40 box when I explored how it all worked. And some other apps that I can not find on the search bar that was on desktop before the reset. I tried to use the restoration point but it didn't register anything, I am not sure if it deleted those restoration point after reset. Please help. If there is anyway to recover the data before the reset.

Secondly, I have now a folder marked windows.old in programm I think, is there a way I can also manually recover the data from the pathwork? I tried it but didn't find any data inside the plugin ID.

How did you "reset" Win-OS? Did you do a fresh install? If so, not much chance of recovering anything I'm afraid.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

2 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

How did you "reset" Win-OS? Did you do a fresh install? If so, not much chance of recovering anything I'm afraid.

I got so frustrated at the slow buggy windows(more then normal) plus I have been hacked last week and been dealing with that most like a virus, it's removed. It was slow and buggy even before last week. So got so frustrated with windows I decided to reset via the setting app, I did chose to keep my data but it apparently didn't. 

35 minutes ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

So got so frustrated with windows I decided to reset via the setting app, I did chose to keep my data but it apparently didn't. 

When you select "keep personal files", it only means certain files below C:\Users\<username>, like images and documents. It will not keep apps and their settings. It's very unlikely you'd be able to recover anything since the reset process most likely has overwritten stuff.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

21 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

When you select "keep personal files", it only means certain files below C:\Users\<username>, like images and documents. It will not keep apps and their settings. It's very unlikely you'd be able to recover anything since the reset process most likely has overwritten stuff.

Thanks for lettign me know, it gives me an idea to use recuva, I'll try that and not crossing my fingers it may work. Will try anyway.

33 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Is there a way to recover cryptos? I have like maybe 50 box in cold wallet from years before when I'm curious about this crypto thing.

6 minutes ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Is there a way to recover cryptos? I have like maybe 50 box in cold wallet from years before when I'm curious about this crypto thing.

They're just files, so if Recuva works, you might get lucky and find them. Insert obligatory "you should backup important files"

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

They're just files, so if Recuva works, you might get lucky and find them. Insert obligatory "you should backup important files"

I'm recovering as much file as possible now, some are marked red so won't be able to recover all. though managing them will be hard afterward. Have no idea where everything will be. Any idea on how to manage this?

10 hours ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

I'm recovering as much file as possible now, some are marked red so won't be able to recover all. though managing them will be hard afterward. Have no idea where everything will be. Any idea on how to manage this?

Haven't used file recovery software in a long time, so I don't really know what the best way of organizing recovered files is. However you should probably put everything onto a separate drive, since any write operating on the drive you're recovering from has the chance of making more files unrecoverable.