No video output with my new gpu

I recently gave my perfectly working 3060 to a friend and bought a completely new 3070ti, however my system doesn't seem to work with it.

On pressing the power button, rgb lights up and the other components turn on, but there's no video output and the gpu fans aren't spinning. The motherboard's "vga" led lights up red.

What I've tried

- Unplugging all cables

- Diff monitor + cable 

- Diff pci e ports

- With and without my ryzer cable

- CMOS reset

My Specs

strix 3070ti

5600x

kraken x63 rgb

msi b550 tomahawk

TX650M

Corsair vengeance 16gb 3200mhz ddr4

1tb seagate m.2

3x corsair sp120

strix helios

I haven't changed anything about the system other than the gpu, so it's basically impossible that a component broke.

All ideas are welcome.

Have you determined that the system actually POSTs/Boots? Or does the system appear to be booting normally with the exception of the bank video output?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

as a sanity check, you have connected the power cables from the power supply to the graphics card correct? 

ive seen gpus not work in a top slot but work in other slots, but if it doesnt work in any slot thats different. 

id keep the riser out of the situation until it posts video 

2 minutes ago, Shooterdude34 said:

as a sanity check, you have connected the power cables from the power supply to the graphics card correct? 

Yes I even unplugged them and plugged them back in.

ive seen gpus not work in a top slot but work in other slots, but if it doesnt work in any slot thats different. 

The 3060 I had before worked fine in the top slot, so this can't be the problem.

id keep the riser out of the situation until it posts video 

Agreed. I only tried it once with the riser cable to see if anything changes.

9 minutes ago, ping4k said:

The 3060 I had before worked fine in the top slot, so this can't be the problem

it actually can, for example. 

my test bench,an hd 6450, 8800 gt, 3070 ti and an rx 480 4gb worked in the top slot.

however a 1660 ti and a 1080 mini both didnt work. this was all within an hour and i had all drivers correctly installed. hardware just sometimes decides not to work. the 1080 mini also didnt work in the top slot in a different computer.

however the 1660 ti and 1080 mini are currently being used daily in different computers that they randomly decided to work in the top slot

Yes I even unplugged them and plugged them back in.

Wierd, im assuming youve also reseated the gpu. do you have any other graphics cards that you can test with? Or another computer you can test the 3070 ti with?

If you can get into bios, maybe try setting the pci-e slot speed to the highest generation

Agreed. I only tried it once with the riser cable to see if anything changes.

Good idea

Otherwise im not sure, ive also been trying to figure out why a known working gpu would not work in a specific system.

6 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Have you determined that the system actually POSTs/Boots? Or does the system appear to be booting normally with the exception of the bank video output?

I think the system boots normally except for the blank video output, but don't know how to make sure