When are tshirts going to be restocked?

werto165

Hi, 

I was just wondering when tshirts are going to be stocked again? I feel like most of the tshirts have been OoS since christmas time. I haven't checked religiously but every couple weeks and there still isn't any. Also, older designs are these going to come back at some point or is that what the mystery shirts are for? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

We ran into some issues with the guys that had been printing our T-shirts historically and have been trying to find a new one locally that can do it just as well. Sadly that hasn't been the easiest thing to find, hence the stock issues. 😞 

As far as I know, anything that we still have an entry for on the store will eventually be restocked but no timeline on that for right now. I recommend making use of stock notifications (select "email when available" on the product page) in the meantime. Anything that you no-longer see on the store is discontinued; it's possible that discontinued designs could theoretically be brought back in the future but we can't commit to anything.

Mystery T-shirts are pulled exclusively from discontinued designs that we happen to have remaining stock of. Just note that if you order more than one, you might get duplicate designs, and all Mystery T-shirt sales are final (no returns or exchanges).

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

3 hours ago, Adam - LTTStore Support said:

Mystery T-shirts are pulled exclusively from discontinued designs that we happen to have remaining stock of. Just note that if you order more than one, you might get duplicate designs, and all Mystery T-shirt sales are final (no returns or exchanges).

@LinusTechhas said in the WAN show last year, that you would no longer get duplicates. Has this changed back?

1 hour ago, Neroon said:

@LinusTechhas said in the WAN show last year, that you would no longer get duplicates. Has this changed back?

Admittedly, that statement wasn't the most clear. To clarify, however: it's never been guaranteed that you would receive unique designs. We did at one point take steps to reduce the likelihood of that happening as much as possible (which that statement was intended to communicate) but there is still a small chance. Same is true with all other Mystery SKUs. Hope that makes sense!

Trust me bro

On 1/31/2023 at 12:36 AM, Adam - LTTStore Support said:

Admittedly, that statement wasn't the most clear. To clarify, however: it's never been guaranteed that you would receive unique designs. We did at one point take steps to reduce the likelihood of that happening as much as possible (which that statement was intended to communicate) but there is still a small chance. Same is true with all other Mystery SKUs. Hope that makes sense!

I have to ask. How does the mystery shirt get in the box. I understand it's likely an unpopulair design, in a colour that was bought in too much and all that. But I would assume that when someone orders 3 mystery shirts, you guys see if those 3 are the same ones or not. And in the case of someone ordering a size where you only got 1 design and colour from, you could send them a message you only ship the same 1 multiple times.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:13 AM, Neroon said:

I have to ask. How does the mystery shirt get in the box. I understand it's likely an unpopulair design, in a colour that was bought in too much and all that.

Mystery T-shirts are assigned their own SKU and all sorted together in the warehouse. The shirts themselves are taken from a variety of sources such as discontinued designs, extras on-hand for limited-edition designs, returned but unworn/like-new, etc.

Since the primary source of all Mystery T-shirts is highly incidental (as opposed to predictable, i.e. when we order a restock for a non-Mystery product), the amount of variety in our Mystery T-shirt selection is, well, variable. 😛

Other Mystery items (i.e. Sweatpants) are taken from items that can still be bought individually but at higher prices. To use sweatpants as an example, there's only three possible options (not even considering stock levels) so if you ordered let's-say five, you'd be guaranteed to receive at least two duplicates no matter what.

But I would assume that when someone orders 3 mystery shirts, you guys see if those 3 are the same ones or not.

I wouldn't, same with the rest of the support team, but the person packing the order would. Currently, there is no visibility on our side as to exactly what shirts are being sent, at least right now. So if we wanted to stay informed on this type of thing, our guys at the distribution centre would have to set aside the order, let us know for each individual occurrence and then wait for us to reply with a decision of some kind.

In general they do know to try to avoid 2 or more of the same T-shirt design if it's at-all possible, so when enough stock is available this doesn't happen very often. But if you would hate hate HATE to receive a duplicate design then my recommendation is still to avoid getting more than one of any Mystery item.

And in the case of someone ordering a size where you only got 1 design and colour from, you could send them a message you only ship the same 1 multiple times.

Valid suggestion; that is theoretically possible. It would add a significant amount of additional man-hours per order though (given the above), so I'm not sure that it's logistically feasible at least right now, especially for what's supposed to just be an easy way to eliminate some dead stock. Happy to pass that suggestion along though; perhaps there's a better way I'm not thinking of right now or maybe it'll become more feasible later on after other changes get made.

Trust me bro

On 2/3/2023 at 9:36 PM, Adam - LTTStore Support said:

Mystery T-shirts are assigned their own SKU and all sorted together in the warehouse. The shirts themselves are taken from a variety of sources such as discontinued designs, extras on-hand for limited-edition designs, returned but unworn/like-new, etc.

Since the primary source of all Mystery T-shirts is highly incidental (as opposed to predictable, i.e. when we order a restock for a non-Mystery product), the amount of variety in our Mystery T-shirt selection is, well, variable. 😛

Other Mystery items (i.e. Sweatpants) are taken from items that can still be bought individually but at higher prices. To use sweatpants as an example, there's only three possible options (not even considering stock levels) so if you ordered let's-say five, you'd be guaranteed to receive at least two duplicates no matter what.

I wouldn't, same with the rest of the support team, but the person packing the order would. Currently, there is no visibility on our side as to exactly what shirts are being sent, at least right now. So if we wanted to stay informed on this type of thing, our guys at the distribution centre would have to set aside the order, let us know for each individual occurrence and then wait for us to reply with a decision of some kind.

In general they do know to try to avoid 2 or more of the same T-shirt design if it's at-all possible, so when enough stock is available this doesn't happen very often. But if you would hate hate HATE to receive a duplicate design then my recommendation is still to avoid getting more than one of any Mystery item.

Valid suggestion; that is theoretically possible. It would add a significant amount of additional man-hours per order though (given the above), so I'm not sure that it's logistically feasible at least right now, especially for what's supposed to just be an easy way to eliminate some dead stock. Happy to pass that suggestion along though; perhaps there's a better way I'm not thinking of right now or maybe it'll become more feasible later on after other changes get made.

I understand that you as support staff, who isn't doing the packing, won't know what's in the order, keeping track of that would be impossible.

The people packaging would know, because I assume that if they have to throw in x3 a certain SKU, which is for all the mystery shirts, they could just grab 3 different shirts.

But here is a different idea, and I have no idea if this feasible, but knowing you guys got some smart people working there, it should be doable.

What if the mystery product works like this:

A product is made to become a mystery product (for whatever reason you guys choose), SKU does not change, but instead a number is assigned to be used for mystery products. So say you have 69 black Renault logo XL tshirts you want to sell through mystery tshirts, they get added to the list, just like a whole lot of other tshirts.

Someone orders 3 mystery XL t-shirts. At that point a randomizer picks 3 SKU's, not allowing any depulicates. At which point the person packaging, will get 3 unique SKU's and package those.
The randomizer could take total stock in account, so a t-shirt with 420 available, would be picked more often than 1 with 69 available.

Now whether this is worth doing, that's a different story, but it would solve the duplicate system, and you would actually know how many shirts you have of each, because I'm guessing that once the SKU changes, you guys have no idea how many of each colour/design is still available.

EDIT: PS I saw you are active here on the forums now, that's a fantastic step forward for support. 
Also I checked, and both times I contacted support, you were the one who helped me out, and while speed has been a general issue, you gave me excellent support both times, so I just wanted to say that I appreciate your work!

26 minutes ago, Neroon said:

I understand that you as support staff, who isn't doing the packing, won't know what's in the order, keeping track of that would be impossible.

The people packaging would know, because I assume that if they have to throw in x3 a certain SKU, which is for all the mystery shirts, they could just grab 3 different shirts.

But here is a different idea, and I have no idea if this feasible, but knowing you guys got some smart people working there, it should be doable.

What if the mystery product works like this:

A product is made to become a mystery product (for whatever reason you guys choose), SKU does not change, but instead a number is assigned to be used for mystery products. So say you have 69 black Renault logo XL tshirts you want to sell through mystery tshirts, they get added to the list, just like a whole lot of other tshirts.

Someone orders 3 mystery XL t-shirts. At that point a randomizer picks 3 SKU's, not allowing any depulicates. At which point the person packaging, will get 3 unique SKU's and package those.
The randomizer could take total stock in account, so a t-shirt with 420 available, would be picked more often than 1 with 69 available.

Now whether this is worth doing, that's a different story, but it would solve the duplicate system, and you would actually know how many shirts you have of each, because I'm guessing that once the SKU changes, you guys have no idea how many of each colour/design is still available.

That's a great suggestion and I'll be sure to show it to our team. 😄

EDIT: PS I saw you are active here on the forums now, that's a fantastic step forward for support. 
Also I checked, and both times I contacted support, you were the one who helped me out, and while speed has been a general issue, you gave me excellent support both times, so I just wanted to say that I appreciate your work!

You love to see it. Thanks for the shout! Yeah, now that we're caught up from the backpack/screwdriver launches we're scaling things up and trying to increase our general community presence.

Trust me bro