Razer Customer Service.....

Adm_Zaxxon

So I think Linus should do an under cover review of Razer's customer service like he did other gaming brands... Moreso, I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience as I have and shares in my pain (VERY lengthy log attached, read bottom up if you feel so inclined).

TL:DR It's been 20 days of back and forth with Razer over the dongle on my brand-new Basilisk V3 pro.  It stopped working, and is not recognized in any USB port on any computer I try it in. Now its been over a week since they told me they would send an RMA email, and they have ignored most questions I've asked.

They had me

• Send proof of purchase
  • take a video of the issue and upload it to google drive to send to them
  • Try in other devices
  • Reboot
  • Kill Synapse and reboot
  • Attempt to uninstall drivers via device manager, despite me telling them it wasn't there
  • Go through their insane Clean Install video which requires downloading at least two software tools onto your computer, unhiding, and deleting hidden files their uninstaller misses
  • Download their device detection troubleshooting tool marking the third time they tell me to completely uninstall and reinstall synapse as part of their troubleshooting process
  • Have me provide all my personal information over email...again...
  • asked for the video...again
  • check if I have the power switch on the mouse in the correct position
  • decide if I wanted to send the mouse and dongle to them for repair or pay for a whole "new mouse" and get a refund when they actually get my mouse.

And then they have continued to ignore me when I asked if the "new mouse" I receive will actually be new or a referb, and the exact timing of when they have to receive the broken ones before I don't get a refund, because it is very unclear. 

And to put icing on the cake, I just realized my Amazon return window closed yesterday so I'm stuck with this process. 

Web capture_29-1-2023_155049_mysupport.razer.com.jpeg

Good lord what a train wreck... Were you ever able to get a replacement?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W || NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler || MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard || CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) || SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4 || SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 || Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive || MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO 10G LHR || Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black ATX Flexible Dark Tinted Tempered Glass Window || Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular || Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Wireless Optical Mouse || Input Club K-Type w/ Ajazz Kiwi Switches

Razor’s extremely poor reliability and support has been widely documented for over 2 decades now. 

Not blaming you for not knowing before buying, but their reputation is in meme territory. So, this isn’t exactly shocking to anybody and doesn’t really warrant a video to reiterate what everyone already knows.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

1 minute ago, m1lk3y said:

Good lord what a train wreck... Were you ever able to get a replacement?

Not yet, and as my edit says above, my threat to return to amazon is now hollow because I JUST missed the return window. 

Just now, Roswell said:

Razor’s extremely poor reliability and support has been widely documented for over 2 decades now. 

Not blaming you for not knowing before buying, but their reputation is in meme territory. So, this isn’t exactly shocking to anybody and doesn’t really warrant a video to reiterate what everyone already knows.

See I knew their service was worse than Corsair and Logitech, which have been wonderful to me in the past, but I've owned many Razer products over the years and they have all been fantastic.  I've never even had to deal with them.  In fact, I still use a first generation Razer Orochi (back from the blue only led days) on my laptop with no issues at all.  And other than this issue, I do love the mouse.

On 1/29/2023 at 3:19 PM, Adm_Zaxxon said:

Not yet, and as my edit says above, my threat to return to amazon is now hollow because I JUST missed the return window. 

See I knew their service was worse than Corsair and Logitech, which have been wonderful to me in the past, but I've owned many Razer products over the years and they have all been fantastic.  I've never even had to deal with them.  In fact, I still use a first generation Razer Orochi (back from the blue only led days) on my laptop with no issues at all.  And other than this issue, I do love the mouse.

Right right, sorry I missed that last part I got too drug in to the email chain... I will say, I have an old Razer Naga MMO mouse from before the time they introduced Synapse. I loved it, in fact I still use it when I get onto the MMO kick and need all of those buttons. But once I started being forced to use Synapse I pretty much said no more Razer products for me cause that software is a trainwreck to use. That said, Logitech's isn't any better (from my current mouse). I've never had any issues with their products though, so I hope you get your replacement sometime soon. I would love to see Linus and crew do a video on their customer service, but I feel like they're such a big company, not much would change. Or they'd change to comply with the backlash the video would bring about and then go back to the way things were once everyone forgets.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W || NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler || MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard || CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) || SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4 || SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 || Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive || MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO 10G LHR || Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black ATX Flexible Dark Tinted Tempered Glass Window || Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular || Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Wireless Optical Mouse || Input Club K-Type w/ Ajazz Kiwi Switches

On 1/29/2023 at 3:58 PM, Adm_Zaxxon said:

So I think Linus should do an under cover review of Razer's customer service like he did other gaming brands... Moreso, I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience as I have and shares in my pain (VERY lengthy log attached, read bottom up if you feel so inclined).

TL:DR It's been 20 days of back and forth with Razer over the dongle on my brand-new Basilisk V3 pro.  It stopped working, and is not recognized in any USB port on any computer I try it in. Now its been over a week since they told me they would send an RMA email, and they have ignored most questions I've asked.

They had me

• Send proof of purchase
  • take a video of the issue and upload it to google drive to send to them
  • Try in other devices
  • Reboot
  • Kill Synapse and reboot
  • Attempt to uninstall drivers via device manager, despite me telling them it wasn't there
  • Go through their insane Clean Install video which requires downloading at least two software tools onto your computer, unhiding, and deleting hidden files their uninstaller misses
  • Download their device detection troubleshooting tool marking the third time they tell me to completely uninstall and reinstall synapse as part of their troubleshooting process
  • Have me provide all my personal information over email...again...
  • asked for the video...again
  • check if I have the power switch on the mouse in the correct position
  • decide if I wanted to send the mouse and dongle to them for repair or pay for a whole "new mouse" and get a refund when they actually get my mouse.

And then they have continued to ignore me when I asked if the "new mouse" I receive will actually be new or a referb, and the exact timing of when they have to receive the broken ones before I don't get a refund, because it is very unclear. 

And to put icing on the cake, I just realized my Amazon return window closed yesterday so I'm stuck with this process. 

Web capture_29-1-2023_155049_mysupport.razer.com.jpeg

I thought Linus already did an undercover video that included Razor? maybe I'm thinking about something else...I feel ya though, Razor is just a name now like other cool brand names...I already switched my mouse brand, next few dollars extra I get ill grab a keyboard and be done with razor 

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

6 hours ago, m1lk3y said:

Right right, sorry I missed that last part I got too drug in to the email chain... I will say, I have an old Razer Naga MMO mouse from before the time they introduced Synapse. I loved it, in fact I still use it when I get onto the MMO kick and need all of those buttons. But once I started being forced to use Synapse I pretty much said no more Razer products for me cause that software is a trainwreck to use. That said, Logitech's isn't any better (from my current mouse). I've never had any issues with their products though, so I hope you get your replacement sometime soon. I would love to see Linus and crew do a video on their customer service, but I feel like they're such a big company, not much would change. Or they'd change to comply with the backlash the video would bring about and then go back to the way things were once everyone forgets.

Yeah basically all of the gamer peripheral software sucks in some way or another.  I actually don't have a problem with Synapse normally, I think it does what I need and is fairly unobtrusive in terms of updates and crashes.  I used a Logitech mouse and keyboard before this for years, but I just switched back to Razer.  Mostly because I think Logitech's software is WAY worse and has even less functionality.  But that is separate from customer service.  Pretty much every logitech item I have owned has had an RGB led issue, but Logitech always handled it quickly and with minimal "did you try turning it off and on again" haha.

6 hours ago, lotus10101 said:

I thought Linus already did an undercover video that included Razor? maybe I'm thinking about something else...I feel ya though, Razor is just a name now like other cool brand names...I already switched my mouse brand, next few dollars extra I get ill grab a keyboard and be done with razor 

I don't think he did, but I also feel like it would take someone with Linus' influence to actually make change, since their customer service is at this point, infamously bad. 

I bought several RAZER products lately and while they seem pretty nice, i have to restart Synapse 3 every time i want to change RGB or audio settings or anything. It literally is unable to run 5 minutes without crashing.

Worst stability in a software i have seen in years.

I even tested Razer central and synapse on one of their new razer blades and not even their own devices can run that garbage without freezing :'D

We all know razer is selling because of their aesthetic and not the quality of their products 😅

5 hours ago, Assimov said:

I bought several RAZER products lately and while they seem pretty nice, i have to restart Synapse 3 every time i want to change RGB or audio settings or anything. It literally is unable to run 5 minutes without crashing.

Worst stability in a software i have seen in years.

I even tested Razer central and synapse on one of their new razer blades and not even their own devices can run that garbage without freezing :'D

We all know razer is selling because of their aesthetic and not the quality of their products 😅

You know, its funny you say that because I have had similar experience with Synapse on a Blade. haha

But then otherwise, it works fine on my home laptop and desktop.  What I find is the interaction between softwares... ASUS, Logitech, Corsair, Razer, etc... can be very unpredictable. They must hijack each other's drivers or something, because I find even the order in which you boot them can affect how LEDs work, in some instances. 

In the case of the mouse though, the aesthetic is virtually the same as the Logitech G502 I have loved for years.  I just got really sick of Logitech software and wanted to eliminate it entirely.  When razer finally stole the infinite scroll wheel design, I decided to jump ship.  I may regret it yet.

As an overall update, I finally got a new mouse.  I still had to pay full price for it, and I have to ship back my entire otherwise functional mouse just to get my money back, but at least the issue is "resolved".   Logitech, for what its worth, sent me a whole new G502 when I had an RGB led issue haha. no charge, and I got to keep the old mouse. 

That's absurd. What an utter failure of Razer's customer service system. How the heck does a single ticket get answered by a different person nearly every reply?

Razer: "We take our customer service very seriously"

• 11 months later...

I don't know about other counties but I live in Singapore. The volume wheel on my blackwidow v3 pro broke. Went through the Razer Chat Support. They didn't have the v3 pro in stock and then they sent me the v4 pro as a replacement. Got everything done within ten days. Did rushed them abit as it was the only keyboard that I have. Just came across this thread. 

*never* deal with the manufacturer if you bought on amazon, just use their 1 month return option... even after that, if its a warranty case amazon will likely replace the item for free.

lesson learned, i guess?!

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer