5800X3D Overheating

Camelsmaycry

Greetings 

Im having a-lot of heat issues with my 5800X3d, started with a 240mm AIO (asus) fans kept running at 100%, replaced it with the ICE giant based on linustech review at the beginning it was amazing but it kept getting hotter and hotter till it started idling on 60+ C, Replaced the thermal paste like 4 times with the highest end thermal pastes I can find and still have the same issue. 

Kindly help me find a solution, I prefer Air coolers and have no problem getting a new one just to fix this issue 

If its helps the specs are

Mobo: MEG X570S UNIFY-X MAX
Rams: 32 GB (16x2) Tridentz Neo 

GPU: 3090 Founders edidtion

Case: Lancool 3 with 3 140mm in the front -3 140mm Top - 1 140mm Back - 3 120mm at the bottom All lian li SL Fans

PSU: XPG 1000 Watts

24 minutes ago, Camelsmaycry said:

Kindly help me find a solution, I prefer Air coolers and have no problem getting a new one just to fix this issue 

i have a noctua u12s, at idle it runs at 300rpm and my cpu temp is like 35c. 79max under cb23. (cpu cooler runs at 1400 or so then, it's working hard but then thats also not a typical load at all)

20 minutes ago, Camelsmaycry said:

lian li

interesting... well i have a "bad airflow" inwin case (it's not actually that bad lol)

20 minutes ago, Camelsmaycry said:

Lancool 3 with 3 140mm in the front -3 140mm Top - 1 140mm Back - 3 120mm at the bottom All lian li SL Fans

i have 2 front. 1 back. 

edit: i don't have a solution but what i would do is get a good noctua cooler, and maybe remove the bottom intakes, maybe also the top, although 1 fan top towards the back should be actually useful...

long story short, a pc should be like a wind tunnel, front in back out. yours isn't like a wind tunnel,  yours is a hurricane paradise,  air whirling around forever... thats not what you want you want the air in and out *as fast as possible*

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Camelsmaycry said:

Greetings 

Im having a-lot of heat issues with my 5800X3d, started with a 240mm AIO (asus) fans kept running at 100%, replaced it with the ICE giant based on linustech review at the beginning it was amazing but it kept getting hotter and hotter till it started idling on 60+ C, Replaced the thermal paste like 4 times with the highest end thermal pastes I can find and still have the same issue. 

PBO2 Tuner, do -20 all core, test for stability, -25 all core test stability, then -30. Whichever your CPU can handle and maintain a 4450 speed youll be able to lower thermals a bit. Generally anything under 85c youll be fine depending on the cooler.

Also it depends the 240mm should be somewhat usable, the CPU is about a 115W part, 280mm/360mm would give a bit more of a buffer or slower fans, but this chip depending on Ambient temps and such can be a hot chip.

38 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

PBO2 Tuner, do -20 all core, test for stability, -25 all core test stability, then -30. Whichever your CPU can handle and maintain a 4450 speed youll be able to lower thermals a bit. Generally anything under 85c youll be fine depending on the cooler.

true,  that helps, my 3D does even 4550 often on some random cores (i checked it really seems random on all cores)... not that it matters much, but the lower temps definitely help. according to hwinfo64 the cpu starts throttling around 80C actually though,  but i guess even that isnt so bad still. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity