[US] $500 ASUS ROG Strix 27" 4K 144Hz Monitor

YoungBlade

The ASUS ROG Strix 27" 4K 144Hz XG27UQR monitor is on sale on Newegg for $500 today.

Link - https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824281146

This is an older model, so it lacks some of the features of more modern high-end monitors - it only has HDMI 2.0, so it does not support 4K 120Hz with the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. The HDR support isn't worth talking about - it's just HDR400 with no backlight zones to speak of. And it doesn't have a particularly impressive gamut for creative work.

On the positive side, it does have 4 video ports - 2 DP and 2 HDMI - which gives you flexibility in connecting multiple devices. It has tilt, swivel, and height adjustment (although the monitor cannot go into portrait mode). And the back logo does support RGB if you want to display the monitor somewhere where the back will be visible.

Nice deal it seems, small 4k monitors are rare afaik, so thats good for someone who wants that... 144hz, doesn't even support 120hz at native resolution sounds kind of a deal breaker though?  

ps: oh thats only for hdmi, right?

then its a deal breaker for consolists! : p

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

This much bezel on 2022 is deal breaker for me and also it is 27" 4K isnt going to be noticeable anyways 

16 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Nice deal it seems, small 4k monitors are rare afaik, so thats good for someone who wants that... 144hz, doesn't even support 120hz at native resolution sounds kind of a deal breaker though?  

ps: oh thats only for hdmi, right?

then its a deal breaker for consolists! : p

Yeah, I did note that in the OP - if you're hoping to game at 4K 120Hz on the consoles, then this monitor is not for you, which is a shame as it has 2 HDMI inputs. But that's the kind of issues you find with getting a nearly 3 year old monitor, even if the price is good.

13 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

This much bezel on 2022 is deal breaker for me and also it is 27" 4K isnt going to be noticeable anyways 

I've never actually been bothered by bezels at any point in my life. Honestly, I really dislike the current trend of faking thin bezels, as I think that a bezel looks better than seemingly having the display "stop" at a point before the edge - it makes me feel like the monitor isn't running at its full resolution. But even that flaw has never been a deal breaker for me.

Is there a reason that bezels bother you? Is it because you run 3+ monitors? I hear people complain about bezels all the time, but I've never understood it unless you want to build a wall of panels or something.