is it ok to put a thermal pad between the laptop LED screen and its frame?

Go to solution Solved by bezza...,

all a thermal pad does is help heat move. where are you planning to move the heat from the board to? the metal frame of the screen? it could work if there is enough space.

So my Acer Aspire 5 A514-53G-50LY screen has finally kicked the bucket after two and a half years of use. The display itself has a 1366 x 768p resolution.

Spoiler

897509352_theproblem.thumb.jpg.7332ad60980c7f9ad8d69a859d34c5c9.jpg

I've already ordered the replacement screen with the exact same resolution. I'm contemplating whether to put a thermal pad between the display driver board and the metal frame. Because I read one of the common reasons for screen failure is overheating. This brings us to the main suspect, the laptop fan exhaust port that blows directly into the screen driver board. With a thermal pad in place, I hope I can mitigate the overheating issue, and BTW, I'm planning to use a 0,5 mm pad.

Spoiler

The metal frame

1986772396_ledframe.thumb.jpg.86639c7bc4197f4a17a41f7c893f3c37.jpg

The broken screen

268481568_ledback.thumb.jpg.06ce6009db09d568e2d42af6d3229301.jpg

That's why I'm asking if is there a certain risk involved when there's a thermal pad there. is it going to make the overheating issue worse? or is it going to fix it? or is it useless? Please help, and thank you for reading my long post.

all a thermal pad does is help heat move. where are you planning to move the heat from the board to? the metal frame of the screen? it could work if there is enough space.

2 hours ago, Tomberry said:

at the bottom, only on the driver board. I can't put it on the back of the LED panel because my double-sided tape is thinner than 0,5 mm.