For those that have played Cyberpunk 2077, a question of a different sort

Radium_Angel

It's on sale, and I"m considering it, but not for the main storyline. What I'd like to do is free roam the various areas, interact with stuff/people and just generally enjoy the visuals/audio. I have seen several YT videos of people wandering about, but they never stop for any sort of interaction.

So, question to those have played the game: How much interaction with people/places/things can you do? Can you enter into buildings and get to the roof or upper levels? Or are all the pretty areas just for looks?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I've got nearly three playthroughs and yeah, you can do a lot of exploring. You'll have to do *some* actually playing to unlock certain places at certain times but the map is generally very open. Most of the NPC's and random people on the street don't have much to say though unless its part of a mission but there are exceptions. 

I really love just wandering around though I usually find myself in a fight sooner or later.

4 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I've got nearly three playthroughs and yeah, you can do a lot of exploring. You'll have to do *some* actually playing to unlock certain places at certain times but the map is generally very open. Most of the NPC's and random people on the street don't have much to say though unless its part of a mission but there are exceptions. 

I really love just wandering around though I usually find myself in a fight sooner or later.

How much "free roam" can you do without actually playing the main mission?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Free roam is expansive, you can jump and climb up to various areas and locations.

The map opens up a great deal after some missions/tasks are complete.

You can't enter all buildings, many locked doors stay locked, but exploration around buildings and climbing buildings is there, can get some great photos climbing up to a place ypu shouldn't be for a great shot.

Its open world, with a fair amount of locked doors (looking at the whole map)

You can still spend plenty of time just looking around, climbing and exploring though.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

On 1/22/2023 at 5:35 AM, Radium_Angel said:

How much "free roam" can you do without actually playing the main mission?

Without using any tricks only one district which is about 20% of the whole map.

There used to be a trick to get to all other districts early. Haven't played the game since 2021 and I think they tried to fix that exploit. But you were able to jump on the roof of a tram which was moving too fast for the reset function (which sends you back to that one district if you wander out of it too far) to work so you would just get through without being sent back to the starting district. Once you made it you could even use fast travel to get out of the starting area and back in. You also were able to visit a lot of things that are story related including interactions with certain characters. You could also visit shops and buy stuff that was way above your level. I know that they disabled fast traveling and shopping outside the starting area but afaik you can still use the tram exploit to get outside.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon