Rtx with old cpu?

Tang3r

Would it work if i had a RTX card paired with an older computer for example

CPU: i5 4th gen

GPU: rtx 20 or 30 series

PSU: Corsair TX650W or TX850

GPU and PSU doesn’t matter the thing I wonder the most is that if the cpu would be bottlenecking the gpu and if it is severe or minor bottlenecks

29 minutes ago, Tang3r said:

GPU and PSU doesn’t matter the thing I wonder the most is that if the cpu would be bottlenecking the gpu and if it is severe or minor bottlenecks

Maybe a little bit, but I think this is a problem people worry about too much. If anything, it just means the GPU won't be horribly obsolete when you upgrade the rest of the platform.

It's not ideal, but "should be fine".

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2060 might be ok for 1440p max settings. Gaming 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

No reason not to

You'll just have a bottleneck

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

Depends on what you upgrade from 🙂

You will probably see some bottleneck depending on what games you play, but speaking from personal experience, you can still see a massive uplift in performance. 

I had a 4690k and a gtx 960. Then I got an rtx 3060. Great improvement. Last spring I then upgraded to a Ryzen 5600x, and that got rid of the last sluggishness, but the majority of the improvement came from the GPU 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Depends with what frame rate you are ok with capping each game. 4th gen cpu's dont go far.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz