Xbox Wireless Adapter HELP?

UnendingOne

Hey guys,

Just got the Xbox Wireless Adapter... and it works amazing when I'm paired, but I guess I'm confused in if the behavior its exhibiting is normal or not.

So When I first set it up, I plugged it into a USB port on the top of my PC (maybe 5' away from my controller, direct line of sight). I pressed the sync button on the adapter, and the sync button on my controller, and they sync'd up. When I powered off my computer, my controller powered off aswell, so thats all good so far.

The potential problem I'm having is when I power my PC on (by pressing the PCs power button, from complete OFF state), the wireless adapter seems to be dead to the world. I turn my controller on, and it sits and flashes like its trying to connect to anything. The adapter stays dark, no light on it. I press (& hold for a brief second) the sync button on the adapter, no response. I unplug it, plug it back in, and suddenly pressing (& holding briefly) the sync button it goes back to acting like normal and syncs up.

Is this a problem with my adapter, my PC, or is this normal behavior? Any ideas on how to fix this?

You have this style Series One / X / S Adapter right? How long do you let the controller blink?

I have three of these adapters, two plugged into PCs, one into a Steamlink. When I turn on the PC, or power up the Steam Link, they just work. I don't need to hit the button. I've occasionally had some weird issue, where I've "power cycled" them, but that's pretty rare, for the most part they just work. I don't touch them. I've had instances where my controller blinks a little longer than it seems like they should, sometimes I'll turn them (the controller) off and back on again (again rare).

Have you checked to see if perhaps your PC is putting your adapter to sleep or something? (I never changed any settings on mine though, just plugged it in)

Yeah I checked the settings, see attached screenshot. 

I didn't adjust anything either. So does the light on your adapter come on when your power up your PC? Are you in full off state or just sleep state?

XboxAdapterSettings.png

Scratch this.

Now it appears to be working where all I need to do is power up my controller and it connected immediately...

Usually thats how it works isn't it? You ask for help and suddenly the problem is fixed?

10 minutes ago, UnendingOne said:

Scratch this.

Now it appears to be working where all I need to do is power up my controller and it connected immediately...

Usually thats how it works isn't it? You ask for help and suddenly the problem is fixed?

Scratch that scratch... it just did it again.

I rebooted again to check a setting in BIOS, and when my PC booted up it was again dead to the world. My controller sat and blinked until it gave up.

• 3 months later...
On 1/14/2023 at 2:57 PM, UnendingOne said:

Hey guys,

Just got the Xbox Wireless Adapter... and it works amazing when I'm paired, but I guess I'm confused in if the behavior its exhibiting is normal or not.

So When I first set it up, I plugged it into a USB port on the top of my PC (maybe 5' away from my controller, direct line of sight). I pressed the sync button on the adapter, and the sync button on my controller, and they sync'd up. When I powered off my computer, my controller powered off aswell, so thats all good so far.

The potential problem I'm having is when I power my PC on (by pressing the PCs power button, from complete OFF state), the wireless adapter seems to be dead to the world. I turn my controller on, and it sits and flashes like its trying to connect to anything. The adapter stays dark, no light on it. I press (& hold for a brief second) the sync button on the adapter, no response. I unplug it, plug it back in, and suddenly pressing (& holding briefly) the sync button it goes back to acting like normal and syncs up.

Is this a problem with my adapter, my PC, or is this normal behavior? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Did you ever find a fix for this problem? I recently got the adapter too and am having the exact same issue and it’s driving me nuts.

It’s especially annoying because I got it specifically to solve all the issues the Series X controller has over Bluetooth. Dropping connection on Ubisoft Connect games / not being recognized correctly by some games / button presses causing visual stutters in Everspace 2. (How this is not getting more coverage is beyond me - I’ve found that a lot of people are having these similar issues over Bluetooth). The adapter did fix all these problems, which I was over the moon about, but introduced this annoying new problem that I need to plug it out and in again every time I want to use it.

I also tried the fix you mentioned before and no luck for me either. My PC doesn’t have problems with any other devices not working after waking up from sleep. My Logitech wireless headset adapter, for instance, always work flawlessly.

I’m a little afraid it’s just an issue with the adapter itself.

Out of curiosity, where did you buy it and can you know for sure it’s authentic? Because mine came from a reseller as a used one and came without a box. It looks good and it does work and gets recognized as the Xbox Wireless Adapter, but I suppose it’s possible it could be a counterfeit.

Edited by Freighter