Venom PS5 controller charging station

SAndreev

Hello,

I just got this charging station from venom Link. I want to plug it into the wall, but there is no brick included. I was wondering what voltage/watt should be sufficient in this case. Would the 5W iPhone brick do fine?

Cheers!

27 minutes ago, SAndreev said:

Hello,

I just got this charging station from venom Link. I want to plug it into the wall, but there is no brick included. I was wondering what voltage/watt should be sufficient in this case. Would the 5W iPhone brick do fine?

Cheers!

Flip it over and see if there's any sticker / print on it about the voltage and amp.
Or look in the manual if it came with one.

Dualsense 5 itself need atleast 5v & 1,2amp IIRC.

That's 6watts, the sticker on the Dualsense however says 1,5amp, so can go as high as 7,5watts.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

The dock is powered by an included 1 metre USB Cable which can be connected to your console or other output device for fast efficient charging even when your PS5 is on standby.

Apparently you're supposed to plug it into a USB port not a wall outlet.

On 1/12/2023 at 8:38 PM, SAndreev said:

Will it work with the charging brick that I mentioned though. This one

9A169C79-8F76-48AE-A1D0-93D176F971D9.jpeg

That's the sticker under the dock?
Basically it needs 5v 2amp brick to work as advertised.

Take a look at the underside of your brick, there should be writing that says "Output : X v -- X amp" there.

But if I were to take "5W" on the product page into account, that brick you linked is 5v 1amp.

Watt = V x A

Will it work? most likely, it's going to be really slow charge though, or barely charge at all, depending on how they made the dock's PCB layout and stuffs.

If it's only charging 1 controller and nothing else though, it most probably work just fine.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.