ISP router is faster than new TP Link router

gwapongharjin

When I was on my TP Link router the speeds always maxed out at 80 Mbps. However on my ISP router the speeds are 150 Mbps. The ISP router is connected to the TP link router via a CAT 5e cable on the 2.5GB wan port it has.

Here are the things I think may be the issue.

• Cat 5e cable connecting ISP to New router. Theoretically the speeds should be maxed at 1000 Mbps but it could be an issue.

The reason I am posting here is if there are any other things I should look out for? Router settings, firmware and etc?

EDIT: ISP is maxing out my internet speed to 80Mbps when I put it in "Bridge Mode" to forward my Public IP to my TP-Link Router. TANGINA NIYO PLDT

How are you testing the Speeds? Cable or Wi-Fi? Is QoS enabled on either device? What are the models of both routers?

• 8 months later...
On 1/13/2023 at 10:30 AM, Awpiii said:

How are you testing the Speeds? Cable or Wi-Fi? Is QoS enabled on either device? What are the models of both routers?

When I put my ISP router in "Bridge Mode." The Internet speed maxes out at 80Mbps but when it is on "Route Mode". I am unable to access my TP-Link router via the Public IP now because the IP is just 192.168.x.x I will need my ISP to fix this for me now.

21 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

@gwapongharjin

Make and models of both routers, please?

Why are you "cascading" routers like this? What is wrong with the ISP router?

Hello,

Here is the device my ISP uses router/device[1] My ISP has blocked all advanced configuration (bridge mode, port forwarding and a lot of useful settings) I am only able to access the bridge mode settings via a "hack". I am using the following router[2]. Using the TP Link router I am able to cofigure port forwarding, DNS Server and have a vpn running on my router.

Links:

1.  https://www.router-switch.com/hg6245d.html
  2. https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax90/

@gwapongharjin

Please test the internet speed at speedtest.net and fast.com using the ethernet cable that is plugged into the AX90 to rule out a cable issue.

Do you have QoS or Parental Controls activated on the AX90?

Are you running a VPN client on the AX90?

What was connected to the ISP device when it was first used?