connect Samsung ua43tu8000wxxy to LG ht905taw help

Zohan2000

trying to connect an old home theatre system to the smart TV but i cannot figure out why it isnt working, trying to get audio to go from the tv to the home theatre system and ive tried optical audio and composite audio AUX and now got no idea what else to try, went into settings on the tv and switched the audio output to optical audio and to hdmi receiver, can get the receiver to output picture to the TV, sadly dont have another optical audio cord to test, any tips here would be awesome and im hoping these things can work or i can find some sort of workaround

parents had bought the home theatre system with an LG TV and it was working together then but since the LG tv has died

Spdf audio is pretty foolproof.  I suspect a switching problem you’ve got the tv sending the audio somewhere else., or the receiver is a listening for it somewhere else.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

20 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Spdf audio is pretty foolproof.  I suspect a switching problem you’ve got the tv sending the audio somewhere else., or the receiver is a listening for it somewhere else.

honestly got no idea, the option to select pass through audio is greyed out and unselectable from the menu due to hdmi earc 

6 hours ago, Zohan2000 said:

honestly got no idea, the option to select pass through audio is greyed out and unselectable from the menu due to hdmi earc 

That would be a switching problem.  Not sure what hdmi earc is.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.