Question about people getting your e-mail from craigslist etc

Luke

So i sell lots of things locally on craigslist/kijiji etc and sometimes i get people who ask glaringly obvious questions and then when i answer them i get no reply. Or they just ask "hi im really interested is it still available?" and then don't reply back when i say yes.

Is there any reason that scammers or whoever would collect e-mails? It just seems so weird and it's been fairly consistent over the years so i'm trying to make sense of it. Here's an example of what just happened.

The big bold letters is the title then below that are the first two sentences of the post:

1990 Chevy S-10 Pickup - $350 (Parksville)

- It starts every time
- Has been running fine since i bought it (a year and a half ago)

And here is a reply:

> Hello

> Still for sale?
> Runs?
> Where is it located?
> Thanks

> Sent from planet Earth

So i replied answering the questions that were CLEARLY stated in the title and description and he replies back saying:

Thanks . 

Just making sure.
Good luck with the sale.

Sent from planet Earth
Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

It's Craigslist. Don't think too much of it, just move forward till a real human comes by.

As for your e-mail, you should be sending it through Craigslist's relay service so they don't know your real one, or be using a throwaway so their collection doesn't matter. There could be any number of reasons as why they do, but as long as you know the scams and keep your information safe then it doesn't really matter.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Yeah, that's just Craigslist regulars. I just don't respond to people that can't read ads, wouldn't want to eventually meet someone like that face to face.

got the same problem, sometimes I spend several minutes to explain products, or services I am providing for fuck nothing ... sometimes I respond with "are you a scammer" then it becomes apparent who is and who isnt